Trijicon Spotter?

Shoes

I see that Trijicon makes a 20-60x80 spotting scope in the $1600 range. There isn't much info out there on it though, anyone here got any time looking through it? Figure Trijicon in general gets decent reviews so hoping this scope follows suit. Any thoughts on how it would compare to a Vortex Razor HD?

The Trijicon and the Nightforce 80mm spotting scopes are rebranded Meopta Meopro 80 HD's. One of the gentlemen at sportoptics.com told me they thought the 80 hd was a hair better than the razor, I personally have not been able to look through one. The razor does have the ability to switch eye pieces though.

Bummer, I was really hoping it was a true Trijicon product. Welp, it that is truely the case it'll come down to what's the cheapest when it's time to buy it. Razor has a decent camera attachment kit which will help me sell it to the wife.

Guess it isn't really a bummer that it's a rebranded Meopta, they do seem to get good reviews. I'd just rather have 3 different scopes to choose from vs. the same scope with 3 different brands on it to choose from.

Meopta makes better glass than Vortex. It's fluoride crystal, like Swarovski etc use in their optics. I compared them side by side, and the Meopta is significantly better. I had a Razor HD and it was ok. Bare minimum for optical performance for what I was using it for. It was light and compact, that was about all I was a fan of. Sold it after one season, just wasn't impressed. You can get an attachment kit for any spotting scope and camera or phone combo you can think of.

Back