New SAS MX line up.

Rangerwalker71

Tim at SAS has Just blow up the Suppressor world.
The New MX line covers 30cal 7&9" models, 338 and 556.
Available in Direct thread and TOMB models.

From Left to Right.
eaper MX, Vengeance MX, Arbiter MX and Eadrom MX.

New Inside and out.

Here is some comparative testing numbers from last week.

Ultra 9 136.8
Ultra 7 143.3
Reaper MX. 133.5

All Mil-spec testing standards. Same 22" riffle, and ammo.

EADROM MX 134.1. On 14.5" barrel 556.

Reaper MX 30cal 7" long 1.5" dia, 10.4ozs

Vengeance MX 338 10.5" long 1.75" Dia 20ozs. Fully welded. When Tim re-designed the Vengeance he ensured to build it stout enough to not have any separations or blow outs.

to date SAS has had zero 338 issues. the new can is even better. Once I have all the tech on it i'll put it out.

Arbiter MX 30Cal Rated for 300RUM 9" long 1.5" dia 12.4ozs

Eadron MX 556 cal. 5.5" 9ozs 1.45" dia.

And the best part is the Pricing didn't go up.
Most of the suppressor manufactures raise their pricing each year by 3-10%. SAS has decide to help save you, your hard earned $$$ not to raise retail pricing.

All of the new MX line is ready to form 3 to your dealer.
Feel free to call me, text or PM.
Thanks
RLTW.
Steve

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Buster HindendDid the Sentinal get the MX upgrade ?

Brother that is going to be one quiet 556 Suppressor.
The 5.5 Eadrom is getting 134.1. So add 1.5 more inches of volume is going to smoke it.
Once is get the data I'll post it up.

Originally Posted By: Kino MAlso heard the new Reaper and Arbitor MX will be available in 6.5mm

Wonder if this will just be longer versions of the Barricade?

Yes sir. Tim is looking at 8" and 9".
We can currently do them on a custom order as well. Takes a few weeks longer.
but it can be done.
RLTW
Steve

Originally Posted By: ExCavTankerSo what exactly did Tim change in the MX line over the previous cans?

New baffles, tube thicknesses on some, fluting on all the tubes for cosmetics and helps with gripping when taking on/off and some other things (internal) that are proprietary for now but will be copied for sure!

When you take the Reaper MX 7" and its now 10db quieter than the Ultra 7 and 3db quieter than the Ultra 9 you've done your homework! These changes have been implemented in the entire line as they have really been a game changer. The only thing that's really the same is the names for familiarity I.e. the Arbitor MX is still a .30cal 9" can and the Reaper MX is still a .30 cal 7" can even though they are brand new from end to end.

The only thing that stayed the same was it still uses the same TOMB mounts that SAS has had in service for over 15 years AND the price STAYED the SAME!

Thanks Kino, looking forward to the meter videos that we've been waiting for on for the original line, guess we might as well have Rangerwalker71 go ahead and video the new line!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ExCavTankerThanks Kino, looking forward to the meter videos that we've been waiting for on for the original line, guess we might as well have Rangerwalker71 go ahead and video the new line!

The MX has been in the works for awhile now. Lots of R&D and instead of trickling it out one at a time Tim decided to upgrade the entire line which has taken away from videos/advertising/marketing. I'll be out in Reno in a few weeks and the plans are to do videos and testing. Follow SAS on Facebook as they post pics and vids there first usually.

I know they tested the new Reaper MX, the Eadrom MX, TBAC Ultra 7 & 9 all on the same day so the numbers for those are dead on. The new Arbitor and Vengeance MX still needs to be ran over the meter and tested heads up against the Ultra 9 and 338. We expect to see a huge gain in performance with these as well. The new Sentinel MX and the new 6/6.5 cans need metered as well.

As I said the new changes are for the ENTIRE line and is the most extensive line of any precision suppressors out and takes time!

As a predator hunter I'm super stoked to run the new Sentinel MX and Eadrom MX as for guys like us it will offer the best in decibel suppression and in a short maneuverable package. The Eadrom MX tested 134db on an M4 so I can only imagine how it does on a bolt gun and the new Sentinel MX will be even better.

Originally Posted By: roky0702When Precision Rifle Block tested the Ultra 7 with a .308 it measured 135db...how was yours 8db higher? http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/02/20/thunderbeast-suppressor/

Not sure what barrel length they where using, it's not stated.
Several factors can cause a swing of that much. Heavy vegetation will dampen or absorb more noise. Weather conditions, several things.

The most important thing is to test them on the same day, same conditions, same Ammo, rifle and keep everything the same.
Taking testing data from different days and rifles isn't a good comparison.
That is why I do comparative testing the same day, even with in the same hour if possible.

Originally Posted By: roky0702When Precision Rifle Block tested the Ultra 7 with a .308 it measured 135db...how was yours 8db higher? http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/02/20/thunderbeast-suppressor/

As Ranger said, numbers do fluctuate day to day and conditions. One thing though that is really consistent is the difference in different suppressors. By that if can A is 5db more than can B, the difference will pretty much always be, even if can A test 140db today but next week it meters 132db.

I think you need to actually read the article and comments again. Precision Rifle Blog didn't test anything. They simply posted information from TBAC. More marketing.....

Last edited:
Back