3 legged heavy duty BOG POD OR PRIMOS SHOOTING STICKS ?

NDAR15MAN

I am buying a gift for my brother. He needs some shooting sticks. needs 3 legs. I have Bog Pod brand which i really like. Any one have the Primos brand ? just wondering if i was missing any thing the last few years on tripod shooting sticks.
thanks. Martyd

Last edited:
I prefer the Bog Pod heavy duty tripod to anything I have seen. It sets up quick and is solid as a rock, really well made.

I used a Caldwell fieldpod bit the bog pod has peaked my interest. I think for the money right now I will stick with the field pod

I guess it all depends on his intended use and needs. The bogs are built well but the rapid adjustment of the trigger sticks is very handy. The leg placement and range of movement on the trigger sticks can sometimes leave something to be desired.

You are not missing anything. I have used the bogpod for the last couple of years and they have never let me down. Lite weight and easily adjustable. But rock solid.

They are adjustable, but not nearly as easily or quickly as the Trigger Stick. If you don't have to adjust often or the terrain is relatively flat it won't matter. It's very hilly here lot's of adjusting.

Last edited:
I recently bought a bog pod. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long. I have no problem quickly adjusting it for various different terrains that the sneak in from

How fast do you need them to work? I usually take a moment to set up any way. the speed you gain by dropping legs in the beginning of the hunt is not worth the hassle repositioning them when it counts. Bog pods win on this. Trigger sticks are heavy and they make more noise if you ting them into something. They need to change the V on them Also.

Trigger sticks are a little (very little) heavier. If I need to reposition when it counts, it does not involve adjusting the legs, usually swiveling. What do you do when you re-position with a Bog Pod, remove the gun from it and adjust each leg one at a time. News flash, anything you are not careful with when hunting makes noise. Oh, and I did change the V. I have the best of both worlds, I bought a Bog Pod adapter, screwed it on to my Trigger Stick, and stuck a Bog Pod V on it.

I like the bog-pod tactical bipod for predators and groundhogs because I can use it kneeling, sitting, or even drop it down to prone.

Pretty sensitive to your trigger sticks. I pointed out what I don't like, nothing hardly ever is without faults. I was just saying that repositioning for a shot is easier for me. Ok News flash hard plastic vs rubber feet which one makes more noise on rocks. I also carried trigger sticks for a while deer hunting and stuff but it was too much of a hassle keeping them from banging in to things and scaring [beeep] off. You would understand why bog pods get the nod if you tried them. Feature wise they lose but in quality made they win. I don't want to get in a pissing match over something as shooting sticks. If you like them run it.

Stating what you don't like is fine, but you bang stuff around and it will make noise. Really? You better sell your hunting vehicle because you slammed your door and it made noise.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Trigger sticks are a little (very little) heavier. If I need to reposition when it counts, it does not involve adjusting the legs, usually swiveling. What do you do when you re-position with a Bog Pod, remove the gun from it and adjust each leg one at a time. News flash, anything you are not careful with when hunting makes noise. Oh, and I did change the V. I have the best of both worlds, I bought a Bog Pod adapter, screwed it on to my Trigger Stick, and stuck a Bog Pod V on it.

Charlie, Sent you a PM with some ?'s

I you're having trouble banging your shooting rest legs on stuff, you can put some foam tape or pipe insulator on all or part of them. It may help.

What I like about my trigger sticks, i have the tall bipod and the short tripod, is not having to remove the weapon to preposition the legs, just pull the trigger and let the legs settle in position. Easy....

Further to this post......can you folks weigh in on pros/cons of the 2 brands (primos/bog) of rifle rests that attach to the sticks......without the drama.....thanks

Back