Mossberg MVP LC suppressor advice

Halbach

I have a wishlist on my phone for a custom build I was going to make, then browsing today I see mossberg already assembled my rifle for me but I forgot the suppressor quick mount, mossberg didn't. If you haven't drooled over this rifle, look it up right now. It's gorgeous. So I'll be getting the rifle in .308, what suppressor should I be getting for it? My .223 has a threaded barrel and in the Army all the suppressors I played with were threaded. No clue on this quick attach stuff. And would a .308 can work for a .223? Might just buy a quick mount for my .223 too

Since your going 308, the new SAS Reaper MX is a great choice. Its 7" fully welded titanium and designed for precision. Its 300 RUM rated and also sounds excellent on ARs and all calibers up. Its been outperforming competitor's 9" cans in db reduction!

If you want the maximum amount of db reduction look at the Arbiter MX or Resistor MX.

As for a quick detach can, IMO stay away from all of them if your wanting accuracy and repeatability. I've yet to see a QD from any manufacture rival the accuracy of a TOMB or DT type mount.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kino MSince your going 308, the new SAS Reaper MX is a great choice. Its 7" fully welded titanium and designed for precision. Its 300 RUM rated and also sounds excellent on ARs and all calibers up. Its been outperforming competitor's 9" cans in db reduction!

If you want the maximum amount of db reduction look at the Arbiter MX or Resistor MX.

As for a quick detach can, IMO stay away from all of them if your wanting accuracy and repeatability. I've yet to see a QD from any manufacture rival the accuracy of a TOMB or DT type mount.

I agree with Kino, 100%
I'll add a few others just to give you a choice:
SICO
Omega, $815
Hybrid $850
Dead Air Sandman S $829

Feel free to call me at 816-718-9489
thanks
Steve
RLTW

Those are all good looking suppressors. I like the idea of a titanium can, that rifle already weighs 10lbs empty without a scope. That weight will definitely give my arms a workout hiking up the mountain. But the accuracy and being suppressed will be worth it. Sounds like I should save a bit more for the reaper MX from all the positives I've read on it

Originally Posted By: HalbachThose are all good looking suppressors. I like the idea of a titanium can, that rifle already weighs 10lbs empty without a scope. That weight will definitely give my arms a workout hiking up the mountain. But the accuracy and being suppressed will be worth it. Sounds like I should save a bit more for the reaper MX from all the positives I've read on it

With all the red tape and hoopla with class 3 toys, suppressors are pretty much a lifetime investment. Buy once a cry once was never more true!

The new SAS MX is currently as good as it gets.

Back