Best Foxpro for the money?

jdk81

I'm looking for an electronic call at the moment. I'm not sure which one I'd like to go with. I am willing to spend the money to get something that is for greater in terms of quality and ease of use as well as effective. I'm from Southern IA now, but trips down south could include predator hunting.

Which foxpro would you say is the best bang for the buck? Which one is the overall best?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAI have a fusion and I love it. I would recommend any Foxpro that has the tx1000 remote. yup! But if your serious about callin, don't let $$$ stop you. If you don't have the cash, wait till you do! Don't just settle! I use a fusion and love it, unfortunately that's a caller that doesn't have a rechargeable battery pack option. Shockwave, sweet! But about $100 more.

I switched to the fusion as well, just for the remote. My eyes have gotten progressively worse in the last couple of ears and the TX1000 remote I can use without reading glasses. Also for me the foxcast feature allows me to stay still and observe rather than messing with the remote. I put rechargeable batteries in my fusion and just plug it in when I get home, way easier.

I'd been looking mainly at the shockwave. I like th directional calling, the remote, battery pack options, and it seems like a really solid call.

Does anyone see any real reason to go with something cheaper over the shockeave?

Originally Posted By: jdk81I'd been looking mainly at the shockwave. I like th directional calling, the remote, battery pack options, and it seems like a really solid call.

Does anyone see any real reason to go with something cheaper over the shockeave? No! I happen to have both, but the shockwave is sweet! I'd go for that...Jmho, the sound (speakers) seem to be better and clearer. The remote is nice, I've used it so much that it's easy to just have the remote on a lanyard around my neck and just know where the buttons are without looking...but most are the same. Just very comfortable with it.

Definitely fusion or shockwave. I got the cheap spitfires and the pricier firestorm, both have the worst remote ever! I've had my firestorm(400$ caller) for a year and it takes over 10 minutes of smashing the button to get anything to work. It being 125$ bucks for a replacement I have to just say screw the remote and manually start it until I invest in the fusion.

I have a Fusion and a CS24C. With that said, I don't know that they are truely the "best Foxpro for the money". True, I would not want to own one without the new TX1000 remote, but there is nothing wrong with the remote on the Banshee and at a couple hundred less than the Fusion and almost $300 less than the Shockwave and CS24C, I can't help but think the Banshee is probably a "better buy".

If you've got the $$$, go with one of the new units with the new remote. If you are strapped for $$$, the Banshee or even Inferno is tough to beat for the money.

Originally Posted By: T3XANDefinitely fusion or shockwave. I got the cheap spitfires and the pricier firestorm, both have the worst remote ever! I've had my firestorm(400$ caller) for a year and it takes over 10 minutes of smashing the button to get anything to work. It being 125$ bucks for a replacement I have to just say screw the remote and manually start it until I invest in the fusion.

T3xan: I'd call FoxPro about that remote. Their customer service is AWESOME.

Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, comes in to be the absolute best caller I can get, without getting the most expensive, unless the most expensive is leaps and bounds ahead. The shockwave has my attention because of the lithium battery pack available, having all the speakers in one unit, and the remote. I imagine any would suite my needs for the time being, but something to grow into is definitely a requirement for me.

Thanks guys!!

Originally Posted By: jdk81Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, comes in to be the absolute best caller I can get, without getting the most expensive, unless the most expensive is leaps and bounds ahead. The shockwave has my attention because of the lithium battery pack available, having all the speakers in one unit, and the remote. I imagine any would suite my needs for the time being, but something to grow into is definitely a requirement for me.

Thanks guys!!

True, and that is really up to the individual. Is the Shockwave worth almost $300 more than a call that can call coyotes just as well as a lesser model? To me: Yes, to the next guy, maybe not. I'll guarantee you that you would call in just as many coyotes with the Banshee as you would the Shockwave, but the Shockwave has more bells and whistles. The Shockwave is a great call with great features. Whether those "extras" are "worth it" are up to the guy writing the check.

That seems to be a very fair point. I suppose it comes down to ease of use, and how much effort is needed from the users end to create the desired end result. Personally, I'd rather have a call I can take all over the country and not have to throw in an extra speaker, or not having a remote. I think being able to operate the call easily up to 100ft away or so is very helpful, and would draw attention off of the shooters position. I suppose that all comes down to preference.

Another thing I am considering is that if something came up, how easily would I be able to sell off the call, and which holds its value best within the community? I'd assume th higher end, but I'm not certain.

Thanks

The fusion is a smaller unit than the shockwave and still has 2 speakers. One feature of the tx1000 remote that I love is the preset buttons. The remote has I think 4 preset buttons on the side of the remote( I'd have to get the remote out to see exactly how many). You can choose your favorite sounds and select a volume level to play them at. Then when you get to your set up all you have to do is hit your preset button to start your call sequence. No matter what you choose get 2 sets of the Foxpro rechargeable batteries with it. The dual speaker units eat through normal batteries very fast when using both speakers and a decent amount of volume. A set of regular AA will last about 2 hours of call time before they are dead. I can call all day at full volume with 2 sets of the Foxpro rechargeables.

No matter the unit you pick DO NOT GO CHEAP. I used to have a wildfire2 and I have called in more coyotes in 2 seasons with my fusion than I did in 4 with the wildfire.

This was the back of my truck last season on my second outing with the Fusion. Hunted from 7 to noon.

Last edited:
I am not a good source at all as I am new to all of this.....but I went from a Scorpion to a Shockwave and the differences are amazing!! The Scorpion was my first ever E-Call and it was fine for me as I dabbled in predator hunting. But I really got the bug to get into it a lot more this year and I bought the Shockwave. I am so glad I did. A lot more volume and it is so much crisper to me. Also the TX1000 remote is awesome!!
Good luck on your decision.

Currently, the Inferno. Great remote for a $200USD call, add a SP60 speaker for windy days and you're set. That would be my suggestion for the best call, for the least amount of $

Now, if you can afford a Fusion - buy it! I love mine

Originally Posted By: jdk81I'm looking for an electronic call at the moment. I'm not sure which one I'd like to go with. I am willing to spend the money to get something that is for greater in terms of quality and ease of use as well as effective. I'm from Southern IA now, but trips down south could include predator hunting.

Which foxpro would you say is the best bang for the buck? Which one is the overall best?

Thanks!!

I did the very same thing when I bought mine. I wanted to spend the money ONCE and get the best one for the money. I asked people on here and other forums and PM'ed people several times, ever exchanging emails with Foxpro and I ended up getting the Shockwave. I'm happy with it and it does everything I hoped. After having it two years I am still learning to use all the bells and whistles together. I next bought the Froxpro Jack decoy that goes on the Shockwave. This year I bought an extra speaker and by placing them apart it makes the Foxmotion ever better than it was, they are now far enough apart that it does sound like an animal moving around on the ground. I do not use the extra speaker all the time

Oh yea. The lithium battery pack is worth it's weight in gold. It lasts all day and more ever with using the decoy and the extra speaker that also pulls batter power. For me what I have now, the Shockwave, Jack decoy, extra speaker and lithium battery pack is the best set up I could get.

Last edited:
Back