Fox Quad !

jamesd

I went to a new spot I recently got permission to hunt, got there at 1AM this morning.I walked to the back of a long hay field and set up around 100 yards from the back edge.
I set the call 50 paces off to my left,wind is blowing left to right towards the back of field. Fired up the Foxpro with some Lighting Jack and within minutes had a pair of grays come in. I muffed the shot and missed the big one, recovered and dropped the other. This is the first time I've called in a pair of foxes and I want to get them both! Switiched to gray fox distress and nothing.I realized the call was still playing lighting jack so this time I really switched and in minutes the male was back and down! My first fox double! 12 Minutes on the timer. I've killed 2 in one night before but not at the same stand.

It gets better!
I played some coyote howls to see if there are any around. I decided to play some fox distress,being that there's 2 dead foxes laying 10 yards from my call.
Almost instantly I see something in the FLIR! Another gray. Shoot miss,shoot again it's down! TRIPLE!

IT GETS BETTER!
Switched back to gray fox distress and yup in comes another. Bang flop!
QUADRUPLE FOXES!!!
Never got off my stool. Bet my wife wishes she did'nt stay home tonite.
Needless to say I have a new favorite spot.
[img:center][/img]

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of action good shooting. We had a night like that, missed 2 greys called one back, ended up with a grey and coyote, should a been a triple. Amazing how they'll come back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stupidnewbienice. what rifle are you shooting? They don't look shot up bad at all.
Remington model 7 in 22-250 with 45 grain hollow points. I was there for coyotes but it didn't wreck the foxes too bad. I've busted them up just as bad with a 223 or a 222.

Back