How much will camo pants shrink when washed

Foggy scope

The wife got me a pair of mossy oak brush cargo pants at walmart today there 60% cotton and 40% polyester I wear size 40 pants these are 40-42 but there way big so how much will they shrink if I wash them or should I just go get a smaller size she said there 36-38
thanks in advance
foggy

Since we are talking walmart, and we are talking about 2" to big, wash them in hot water and try them on after they wash.. BEFORE DRYING.

If they fit, great, problem solved, It they are to big dry them.. If they are still to big, take them back. If they are to small and more than would stretch out wearing them, take them back.

I would recommend washing going forward inside out,(fades the pattern less) and with old school detergent or hunting stuff so that you don't "brighten the brights" with UV brighteners and end up glowing in the field. (there is debate at if coyotes can see UV, if so you would be glowing like a glow stick in UV brightener detergent)

Good luck.

ok thanks to the two that responded and the rest whatever
I'm glade you can set on an ice cream cone and tell me what flavor it is lol I'll just keep to myself from now on
You all have a great day
and good hunting
Foggy

Aside from the options "eating and growing into them", or shrinking them, here's another option. Just pinch the waist together (inward) at the beltline to desired waist size, and sew like a wedge down approximately 4-5" along the back seam, I think they call it a pleat.
I wore plenty of jeans that had that done when I was a kid, as you grew the cuffs got let down a little further, and that pleat got opened back up!
My mother believed in, buy them bigger, he'll grow into them!

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsAside from the options "eating and growing into them", or shrinking them, here's another option. Just pinch the waist together (inward) at the beltline to desired waist size, and sew like a wedge down approximately 4-5" along the back seam, I think they call it a pleat.
I wore plenty of jeans that had that done when I was a kid, as you grew the cuffs got let down a little further, and that pleat got opened back up!
My mother believed in, buy them bigger, he'll grow into them!

Perfect answer!

While we're at it, if I wear a brown belt with black shoes but don't tuck my shirt in, is that ok or will it make my butt look fat?

Originally Posted By: SHamptonWhile we're at it, if I wear a brown belt with black shoes but don't tuck my shirt in, is that ok or will it make my butt look fat?

It's the fat that makes your fat butt look big. At least that's what Al Bundy said...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: SHamptonWhile we're at it, if I wear a brown belt with black shoes but don't tuck my shirt in, is that ok or will it make my butt look fat?

It's the fat that makes your fat butt look big. At least that's what Al Bundy said...
smile.gif

This is where you choose your words wisely especially if the wife has anything sharp, heavy, hot, or any other object that can be used to throw, beat, stab or maim you with. Besides I'm like sir mix a lot I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE

Originally Posted By: BrownieOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: SHamptonWhile we're at it, if I wear a brown belt with black shoes but don't tuck my shirt in, is that ok or will it make my butt look fat?

smile.gif

This is where you choose your words wisely especially if the wife has anything sharp, heavy, hot, or any other object that can be used to throw, beat, stab or maim you with. Besides I'm like sir mix a lot I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE

I have a friend that often says "I'd show you a picture of my wife but it's so big it won't fit in my wallet"

Back