dennis kirk?

Anything will work, sooner or later. I had one . Mine was very loud, fairly clear, and extremely heavy. Didnt much care for it. Really dont care for the DK sounds. Rich pretty much summed it up, but yes they will work.

NL3000-m.jpg

That will work with what every tape you put in it. It's also alot like what the homemade e-caller is, but more expensive. It will work, the caller it self is only a small portion of what it takes to be sucessful.

I've got a better question, just who is Dennis Kirk ? I never heard anything about him until I saw an ad for some junk someone was selling and he had books, varmint calling accessories and he was labeled as a real pro. Just what are his credentials ?

im not sure who denis kirk is but he has dirt bike catalogs hunting catalogs car parts catalogs its one of those mixed things like walmart a lil bit of it all

Dennis got his start in the early 80's after having been a good distributor for Johnny Stewart Wildlife Calls products in the East. Dennis had approached our company about doing some products for him on a private label basis so he could have his own label in the industry and we chose not to.

He went on to develope his own line of sounds and caller and established himself as a player in the industry through some very hard work and energy. Dennis filled a void in that part of the country that ourselves and others were not filling. That was providing information on how to call in the East primarily in the form of seminars.

He eventually sold his product line to the folks at Nite Lite (NLC Products) who have been major players in the Trapping and Coon Hound industry. We had the chance to buy Dennis out but declined. NLC has since expanded the product line and improved the marketing of the DK products.

I am not sure what Dennis is doing now.

I have that exact caller that is pictured. At first i liked it. Then i got into predator calling and i wanted something better with a remote. Well I got a western rivers. My denis kirk caller sounded way better than the WR. So i returned the new caller and bought a MP3 player for my Denis kirk. Now I am very happy with my Denis Kirk caller. As for his sounds, I have never had a problem with them. They all sound well done to me. I have denis kirk, jonny stward, and lohman tapes. And it is just fine for calling coyotes in. getfoxy don't let anyone tell you that these caller are secound rate. Denis Kirk is a great caller. And mine is proably as light as a foxpro. Plus the added bouns for buying my was I was supporting another Akansas boy.

Last edited:
Or...., you could go to the Calling in the East section of this board and read the big sticky entitled "Calling Tactics and Sounds..."

I would agree completely, as the thread progressed a lot of "stuff" and twist and turns was tossed into it. It could stand a good editing and rearrangement for sure. In between the meandering, twist, and turns there is some great information for thick country hunters. Actually, all hunters I think?

If you have any questions about who Dennis Kirk was just ask. I’m willing to bet I know more of the man then anyone on this site, seeing as he was my step father since I was 3.

Kirk_Prodigy

Back