lower questions

skindaddy

there are prob hundreds of different lowers out there I don't know what to get?to many names I don't know, but don't not want anything crap but also my pockets aren't crazy deep either.
names of ones to steer clear of /or names to look for
what should I know about pin sizes why aren't they all the same
think I want a 2 stage trigger though
thinking of having dtech build an upper for me, not sure if I should just get the whole thing built there and be done with it.
any thoughts

Last edited:
I'd get the cheapest one I could find. I've heard good reviews on the Anderson arms stripped lowers but don't have one. Then you could finish the lower with the parts you want and it's really easy to do.

Originally Posted By: Yote NewbI'd get the cheapest one I could find....
Agree, Anderson or PSA.
Bonus of assembling the lower is learning all the little parts & what they do.

Nop, haven't heard of issues on any mentioned.
Do inspect a cheap lower for dings/chips because they get rough treatment in shipping and at the LGS.

Mil spec pin size is .154" (small pin).
This includes almost all lowers, except on older Colts at .170" (large pin ).

Just get mega, Seekins, spikes, and so on then you do not need to wory about chips. I just bought a mega upper and lower for 175 brand new and the fit and finish is perfect.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlOriginally Posted By: Yote NewbI'd get the cheapest one I could find....
Agree, Anderson or PSA.
Bonus of assembling the lower is learning all the little parts & what they do.

This...

Anderson lowers are great and for the money cant be beat. With the Anderson lowers I have put together I have never had a problem. buy the cheaper lower and spend more money the barrel and your trigger.

Originally Posted By: bryan hI like Aero Precision.
+ 1 on the Aero Precision. .154 on the pin dia. My self I went and bought a Noveske. Pricy but the quality shows. D Tech is building my upper. Grizz

Avoid plastic or polymer. Stick with 7075T6 forged or billet aluminum.

The Anderson lowers are Cerro forgings so they're no different than many of the other top name brands and are great buy for the money.

I went with a Adcor defense billet on my last build. I just pick up a spikes matched upper and lower set for 210 for my next build. No problems with the Adcor.

Originally Posted By: shotgun1919buy the cheaper lower and spend more money the barrel and your trigger.
^^ THIS ^^

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Avoid plastic or polymer. Stick with 7075T6 forged or billet aluminum.
The Anderson lowers are Cerro forgings so they're no different than many of the other top name brands and are great buy for the money.

^^ And THIS ^^
especially the part about sticking with aluminum

This is a absolute newb question but. If I wanted 223 wylde do you have to find a particular lower for that. I see some for example Say .556 lower ?

O

Originally Posted By: skindaddyThis is a absolute newb question but. If I wanted 223 wylde do you have to find a particular lower for that.

O

Nope, that cheap lower will work just as well. You could always get a complete lower, then find a complete upper of a different manufacturer that meets your needs, pin them together and go shooting.

Originally Posted By: skindaddyThis is a absolute newb question but. If I wanted 223 wylde do you have to find a particular lower for that. I see some for example Say .556 lower ?

O

That is the chamber, and not related to the lower/upper. If the upper is for an AR-15 any barrel with an installed extension will fit.

Check JoeBob's and New Frontier for upper/lower combos.

ending up getting a spikes tactical , only thing i could find local.looks decent wouold be nice if it said safe and fire though, peace of mind when my son shoots it.

I swear by my 20" AR Stoner HBAR. Clover leaf at 100 yards using hand loads. Factory ammo at .575" @ 100 yards. Not bad for 150.00 Barrel. It was my first AR Rifle build.

Last edited:
Back