Flambeau Lone Howler decoy

todbartell

I picked one up today on sale, figured it might be fun to use on certain stands that aren't too far from the truck. Certainly looks real enough!

1626.jpg

Any tips or suggestions on setting it up in conjuction with my Foxpro and MOJO decoy? I was thinking of facing it towards the decoy/call and broadside to where I expect the coyotes to come from

I use a fox decoy sometimes and put it at least 25 yards from the caller facing it and upwind of it. That's the one with a stake, that way it moves in the wind. Every coyote that has seen it has its eyes lasered on it and always circled. I have a fake piece of fur I wired to the fox mouth to make it look like its gotten something and in a breeze it moves.

I have one and have used it a few times, I did have a set where a coyote came in over a hill and spotted the coyote decoy. The coyote hit the brakes and stood still and stared at the decoy, it was only 20 yrds away from it. I shot that coyote with ease. That was a couple years back.

The only thing i dont prefer is "hauling" it around from stand to stand. Its just one more thing to pack around.

But it is Feb and coyotes are pairing up so it's probably wise to get it out again and use the coyote howlers.

Just wish we had some white stuff on the ground.

Back