Which suppressor for 22-250?

Phil Boyles

I am planning to get a Tikka T3 Lite in 22-250 here soon. I would like to get a suppressor for it, but I don't know a lot about them. I know the process to get a can, but I don't know which can/s to look at, what to stay away from and so on. Thanks for any help offered.

We designed the OPS .224 V.A.P.R. specifically for that caliber, up to date, we've killed hundreds of coyotes with that particular can. Very effective and one of the most efficient at sound suppression and precision work.

Here are a few we took in the month of December with the OPS .224 V.A.P.R.

Pound more fur, get our can in your hands.

Originally Posted By: skinneyWe designed the OPS .224 V.A.P.R. specifically for that caliber, up to date, we've killed hundreds of coyotes with that particular can. Very effective and one of the most efficient at sound suppression and precision work.

Here are a few we took in the month of December with the OPS .224 V.A.P.R.

Pound more fur, get our can in your hands.

proof is in the pudding!!! If that don't sell a can, I don't what will..

Jason

Last edited:
I would personally suggest that you get a 30 cal can. Then your can will work on all of the guns you get (unless you get something bigger than 30)

It only makes a couple of decibel difference, but the ability to use on all of your rifles will make it worth the trade.

Originally Posted By: Phil BoylesThose look nice, but how do you find out any info about them or how to contact them.

Well lets see.... Skinney said WE designed. Maybe PM Skinney.
smile.gif

Oh and by the way hello my Missouri brother. Welcome to the fray.

James will get you anything you need. Send him a message.

I would also look at the SAS Sentinel MX, The SAS Barricade, and the SAS Reaper MX.
All great suppressors. Reaper is getting 131 DB's on a 22" 308.Mil-SPEC testing.

Feel free to call me at 816-718-9489.
Thanks
Steve
RLTW

I second looking towards a 30 cal can unless perhaps you already have a dedicated 30 cal suppressor and only in the market for a 22 cal suppressor. Personally i have two 30 cal suppressors that i shoot on rifles from 17 fireball to 22-250 and they all seem very quiet to me. Some suppressors on the market also have interchangeable end caps where you can shoot a 30 cal can with a 22 cal end cap making the suppressor quieter than 30 cal can with 30 cal end cap.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Phil BoylesThose look nice, but how do you find out any info about them or how to contact them.

smile.gif

It is the show me state after all. Lol

I'm an SAS guy and the new SAS MX series is setting the bar in DB reduction! They are a precision designed suppressor from the ground up.

I second the 30cal. Thought process as its way more versatile and almost as good in db reduction vs. caliber specific. The new Reaper MX and the new baffle systems smoked the comparable sized suppressor (7") and even beats out most 9" cans in DB reduction! Combined with the TOMB mount it gives you the ability to run a flash hider or brake and any platform from an AR to a 300RUM!

If you are wanting maximum suppression in a 22cal. can look at the new 7" Sentinel MX or the 5" Eadrom MX. Either of these are awesome performers on ARs and 22cal. bolt guns. All can be had in direct thread or TOMB.

Originally Posted By: rickybOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Phil BoylesThose look nice, but how do you find out any info about them or how to contact them.

smile.gif

It is the show me state after all. Lol

Ah yes.... I forgot about that. What was I thinking.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrHey Skinney will that .224 vapor work as well on an ar 223 as an UMAR 22-250 for suppression

IMHO, it seems to be more effective on the UMAR, but it sounds great on the .223.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrThank you

There is something about the 250 and pressure that makes the can we run on it have a very pleasant tone. My UMAR sounds great with the VAPR, and I have made necessary mods to make her shoot smoother, but I still prefer the bolt gun, that's just my personal pref.

I'm currently running a yhm ti.7.62 on 2 different umars and am thinking about a can just for them. I will be looking into that vapr thanks for the help!

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrI'm currently running a yhm ti.7.62 on 2 different umars and am thinking about a can just for them. I will be looking into that vapr thanks for the help!

Hope you are liking it man!

Back