Oracle .308- how to upgrade

Mine is in pieces at the moment. I bought mine with the intention of upgrading, since after I added up the piece parts, it was actually less to buy the Oracle, and start part swapping...OK plan as long as the upper and lower receiver were serviceable, and the barrel had except-able accuracy. First part worked out fine, but the barrel was absolute garbage. It looks like a cheese shredder, that immediately fills with copper, after spending time to remove the previous range time's copper. And it struggled to group 150 gr. bullets. I ordered an X-Caliber, 1:11 twist, SS 18" with a threaded muzzle, for a suppressor. I ordered a mid-length gas ported barrel, and got that, but I didn't measure the factory barrel, since I read on the internet it was a mid-length gas system...Never believe what you read on the internet. It is a carbine length gas port, and I should have known that from the fore end I bought.
frown.gif
Anyway, the mid-length gas tube showed up yesterday, and a couple of new Wilson Combat low profile gas blocks are showing up tomorrow, and now I am waiting on e-mail confirmation my LR-308 Midwest Industries M-Lok for end has shipped. The current Troy 7.2" looks a little short.
rolleyes.gif

But basically, before the barrel replacement, I had swapped out the butt stock, with my favorite Magpul ACS, replaced the trigger with a RRA NM, with JP Springs, replaced the for end with that Troy TRX-308 7.2" FF for end, and replaced the gas block with a YHM single rail. I was never happy with the Troy for end. It was a little short, and did not match the height of the receiver rail exactly. I did all of the measuring, and supposedly got the right one for the old low versus high profile DPMS LR308 receivers, but it did not line up well. So when the barrel swap happened, I thought I would give Midwest Ind. a try. I like their AR-15 Keymod/M-Lok for ends a lot!

When I get it back together, I intend to post some pictures.

Here is how it looked before the current barrel swap/upgrade:

Squeeze

Back