sounds on flextone callers? with mini review of FLX500

Unless Flextone has changed recently 90% of the sounds are WT. On the Echo I had a few of the rabbits were not WT and I question some of the Whitetail deer sounds. Still a great deal my Echo had 90+ WT sounds for less then 100 dollars.

curiosity got the best of me. i bought one at walmart. they have a great return policy.
lol.gif
the one i bought was FLX500. endorsed by the dog soldier by golly.

my mini review. they are wt sounds. takes 10aa batteries in caller. 3 in remote. it is capable of being loud. very, very loud. it is clear while being loud. remote worked for me every time out to 100 yards line of site. 150 yards was hit and miss. but to be fair the batteries i put in the remote were not brand new.

the lettering on the remote is on the small side. in the house reading it was no problem. it is hard to read outdoors. if the day is bright and sunny, like yesterday, it is real hard. in fact i could not read it.

sounds are arranged in categories much like the newer FoxPro remotes. pretty easy to navigate and change sounds, change volume, recall, mute etc. has 2 presets buttons.

it is fairly big, i guess about comparable to a FoxPro shockwave, and a touch on the heavy side. seems to be fairly durable and well made.

i could call predators with the caller just fine. it would do a great job. would not feel handicapped one bit. no idea about flextone customer service if needed.

so as good as the flextone 500 caller seems, i will be sticking with my fusion caller. mainly because i can read the remote. but the fusion being a little smaller and lighter also helps.

I'm gonna have to buy one. I had the echo and loved the sounds but it just didn't have enough volume in big country or if there was much of a wind. It looks a little big for my liking though and have been contemplating the FLX 100 but I'm worried it is just the echo dressed different and the volume will be the same. Currently I have a wildfire 2 & hellfire for big country windy days, but use the wildfire 90% of the time because it is so easy to carry around. My biggest complaint with my foxpros are poor range remote. The echo I had gave excellent remote range, at least double the foxpros. This caller could be legit, but I'm waiting for more reviews.

Back