timney drop in trigger ?

phunt

Put in a timney drop in trigger and put the set screws in to hold pins in place. My question is has anyone had issues with them working loose as I didn't put in a thread locker on the set screws.

Originally Posted By: phuntPut in a timney drop in trigger and put the set screws in to hold pins in place. My question is has anyone had issues with them working loose as I didn't put in a thread locker on the set screws.

No Sir I have used ton's of them

I have one in an Armalite AR10. After a couple of years the screws came loose and the pins began falling out. I tightened them down and all is well. I shoot this rifle a lot as I have both a 308 and 243 uppers for it.

Originally Posted By: phuntPut in a timney drop in trigger and put the set screws in to hold pins in place. My question is has anyone had issues with them working loose as I didn't put in a thread locker on the set screws.

Shouldn't be an issue. IIRC, they may already have threadlocker on them? I normally use KNS or CMC anti rotation pins to make swapping FCG's easier and to avoid the set-screws on the Timney triggers. IMO, that's the only design flaw.

Ok thanks for your guys input I didn't figure it would be a issue but thought I would check before I lost a pin

Back