Suppressor for 17 WSM ??

I've ran one with the SRT Comanche, serviceable can, and it has great sound suppression, They have cans on the shelf just ready to form 3 to your local dealer, You should give them a call.

I would go SS or TI for sure to handle the higher pressures.
SICO Spectre 22 is a excellent suppressor. NO First Round POP, very quiet, and user serviceable $375.
SAS TI Tolerance, Great suppressor as well, 3ozs, very quiet as well. $435.
Both are in stock.
You could also look to a standard 556 suppressor to give you more volume and flexibility.
Feel free to contact me at 816-718-9489.
Thanks
RLTW
Steve

I've used both my 223 and rimfire can on my 17 WSM and I can't tell the difference between them. I'm sure a meter could pick up the difference but to my ears, I couldn't say I could tell a difference.

I've done the same with my HMR and 22LR pistol and couldn't hear any difference with those either.

Since sub-sonic ammo is not available for the 17WSM , will a suppressor make enough difference to shoot without hearing protection ?

Originally Posted By: pd1Since sub-sonic ammo is not available for the 17WSM , will a suppressor make enough difference to shoot without hearing protection ?

This, maybe, will help give you an idea how quiet they are. I had the barrel on my Bmag shortened from 22 to 20 when I had it threaded. Wanted to see if losing 2 inches had much affect on FPS with the 20 grainers. I've got a rather large, 3/8 thick, wood stove in our basement. I reversed the fan so it would suck air up and out, stacked some 2x4's together, got my Bmag out of the safe, screwed the can on the end and hooked up my Magnetospeed Chronograph. Chronographed six rounds. Logged my results, put everything away and went back up stairs. My wife asked me what I was doing because she thought she could hear something earlier. When I told her what I'd been doing she didn't believe me, said she heard something that sounded like a loud pellet gun maybe. lol

Now, outside it does sound louder but they're still plenty quiet to be hearing safe.

b23, how much difference in fps did the 2 inches make?

i know 2 inches off the barrel sure seems to make adding 6, 7, or 8 inches of suppressor easier to manage.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotb23, how much difference in fps did the 2 inches make?

I can't for sure say because I never chronographed it before I had it shortened up to 20 inches. All I can really go off of is what others have reported about their Bmags and how mine shoots, at 20 inches, now.

Mine avg. 2984 FPS (ES 25fps) and I've read results from others being anywhere from high 2800's to low 3100's with most being in the 2900-3000 range so I don't think losing two inches changed it much, if any.

I'm not sure these need much more than 20 inches tubes to get full value because any of the Ruger 17WSM's I've read about being tested usually shot slower than mine and they have a 24 inch tube. I have a gunsmith friend that shortened his CZ 17HMR a few inches and it shot faster being shorter than it did before he cut a few inches off.

I actually thought about shortening mine to 16" to make it feel close to the same length with the can on it.

Back