training collars???

yotehunter57

I have a beagle that I cannot keep off of the deer. I am thinking about an electronic training collar but don't know where to begin. My budget is very limited, but would like some suggestions from some of you with experience. Thanks in advance.

Shayne

Try the Dogtra ARC. Its a lighter collar and would prolly be well suited for a beagle. Only a 3/4 mile range but would prolly be enough for a short legged dog.

sent him a pm and told him i had a brand new one i would make him a deal on but never even got a reply back. think he was hoping somebody would just offer to give him one.

Nope, not looking for a freebie, just some advice. I've had beagles when I was younger and this one is more hard headed than any I've ever had. I know beagles can be stubborn, and maybe I'd be better off with a couple of pups and start from scratch.
This dog was given to me by some people who were moving and wasn't taking him. They said he just showed up at their house. Don't know if he was a throw away, because of a problem or what, but money had been speny on him as he had been fixed.
I hated to see a dog like that be abandoned again.

Shayne

Last edited:
Back