25 WSSM ???

I think outside of OLY only two outfits work on them, DTECH and one other that I can't recall. Neither of the last two are selling parts that I can tell and OLY isn't giving them up either.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterI wonder how much of that will be proprietary or interchangeable with the OLY.

Greg none is comparable with Oly.
Everything JARD makes is proprietary.

As for Oly parts...your only options are complete uppers or rifles, custom built by Mike at Dtec or Carl at Accuracy Systems.

That's a bummer. I passed on the upper even though I could've probly sold it for a profit. I just didn't want the hassle of no ammo and brass around.

I have not found any loose 25 WSSM brass in a long time. 243 was available and still may be. I have a 25 and 500 pieces of Gold for it. I am lucky.

Greg

Is the upper modified or totally different? Last I looked Olympic wasn't tearing it up with sales. They would do better selling parts for builds. And getting the brand out there more. I also wonder if these wssm modified uppers would also be great running a .473 wildcat. I.e. Something on the br case.

The upper tunnel has been bored out as far as I can tell to accept a larger extension. The bolt across the lugs is 0.845 vs 0.747 The bolt where it goes into the BCG is 0.614 vs 0.499.

I think OLY is selling everything they makes so I don't think there is a lot of incentive. for them to go public on parts.

Gere

Originally Posted By: GLShooterThe upper tunnel has been bored out as far as I can tell to accept a larger extension. The bolt across the lugs is 0.845 vs 0.747 The bolt where it goes into the BCG is 0.614 vs 0.499.

I think OLY is selling everything they makes so I don't think there is a lot of incentive. for them to go public on parts.

Gere

the inner bore where the barrel extension slides in is already fairly thin I think what have they done in this area? made it even thinner?

Back