Favorite 1 piece scope mount

Looking for a solid and somewhat light scope mount for my AR. I need something that will allow me to get the scope shifted forward more than standard rings will allow. I would like to keep the price below $100 but will spend a little more if needed.

Thanks in advance!

There was a Rock River mount for sale here for less than $50 just a while back. Might still be available. I like them - all steel, sturdy, and last I checked, made in the States. They're a few ounces heavier than some though, so if you're looking for a lightweight, check into the aluminum ones others recommend.

I really like the ADM recon x mounts and the larue tacticals. But for cheap ones the vortex one and the swfa or aero precision ones have worked out for me as well.

Originally Posted By: Slick1oneBurris P.E.P.R is a great mount. A bit over $100.00 but great mount. The P.E.P.R. weighs nearly 3x as much as the less expensive Aero. The P.E.P.R. is a chunky tactical-looking boat anchor.

Originally Posted By: Slick1oneBurris P.E.P.R is a great mount. A bit over $100.00 but great mount.

No, its not. The PEPR is a Chinese sourced, extruded aluminum mount that is adequate, at best. Its crude, bulky, and no better than any of the other million or so different airsoft mounts you can get off Ebay for twenty bucks.

Sorry for giving my opinion. In my area it is a mount that is readily available. I used it on my first and only AR build. It has held zero very well. It is fairly large but again it has done its job very well. I shop local when I can to help support local dealers and stores. That said when I was looking for a mount I checked Midway USA and the P.E.P.R. had the most reviews and carried a 4.6 out of 5 rating. So I bought it locally and have been VERY happy with it.

Last edited:
I'm running the AP Offset Ultralights on my first AR build and I love them. I'm running a 3-10 scope so I wanted the offset. Hope you like yours.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: Slick1oneBurris P.E.P.R is a great mount. A bit over $100.00 but great mount. The P.E.P.R. weighs nearly 3x as much as the less expensive Aero. The P.E.P.R. is a chunky tactical-looking boat anchor.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sorry guys, but the AP looks like s skinny little piece of crap, that is going to lose zero the first time an anti-tank round lands near it.
lol.gif

I kind of like the "chunky tactical-looking boat anchor" type mounts. If you girly men have to be concerned about 5 ounces, I can see why you all prefer the AP. In all seriousness, I don't like the way the scope rings are that funky little wrap around design, but if they work for those that like them, it isn't my money, or my issue getting the scope secured, and staying that way. I have Armalite, RRA, and Burris PEPRs, and of all three, I prefer the old Armalite style. RRA is over priced. The Burris can be had for $80, new, if one can get past the "chunky tactical look", and the 8 something ounces.

Squeeze

Back