Help with FoxCast Sequences!

Collin

I just received my FoxPro Fusion from AllPredatorCalls and absolutely love it so far. Unfortunately mine did not come with any sequences like some people have gotten. I live in western New York and am new to the electronic calls game. I've been successful with hand calls quite a bit though. What would be a good sequence for either red fox or coyotes? The foxcast generator has just been confusing me, and am really looking to get out a lot this weekend. Any advice can help! Thanks in advance.
Collin

Don't worry about sequences right now. Get used to the Fusion first and some of the other features. Give Foxfusion some use as it is very useful to give them something they haven't heard before. Put some emphasis on getting a bunch of your presets done, and arrange them in the order you prefer. Between those and your recall button, you are ready to call some critters.

Killed my first red with my Fusion tonight! Missed a running coyote on an evening set, charged right in to Platinum Grey. Then later in the night I called in 4 reds on different sets and was able to kill one. What a difference a nice, easy to use call can make! And I want to give a lot of praise to the guys at AllPredatorCalls. They made this purchase as easy and helpful as anyone I've made before. Hoping to get some sequences set before the end of the season in February. Thanks!
Collin

Collin if you call Foxpro direct I am willing to bet they will send you a zip file containing the Fusion sequences. I called them for some programming questions I had with my Shockwave and asked about the Fusion sequences and they sent them to me in an email.Sounds like your having good luck so far without them.

The sequences are made up from sounds that are on your ecaller. If they send you sequences in a zip file, they have to be made up from sounds on your ecaller or they won't work. They are miracle workers at FoxPro and they may be able to figure out how to do it.

That is why when you order direct from FoxPro, if you accept the standard sound list, they will send sequences already installed. If you get a custom sound list, it won't include sequences.

You are correct Al. I did have to put the correct sounds in the proper locations for them to work as intended. A fairly painless task after getting familiar with the programming.

FoxCast programmer seems confusing at first but it's very simple. You need to know the sound #'s on your Fusion. I plug my Fusion into my computer and open the Foxpro Programming utility. It will have the list of sounds and their #

Now go on foxpro's site to the foxcast generator, start with the volume level you want, then the sound #, on the right side you'll see V & S's with a number beside them. Now enter in your pause time, etc

Once done, name the sequence "S00 Bobcat" for example. It will save it to your computer, then copy and paste the S00 Bobcat.seq to your foxpro caller

Originally Posted By: possumalDon't worry about sequences right now. Get used to the Fusion first and some of the other features. Give Foxfusion some use as it is very useful to give them something they haven't heard before. Put some emphasis on getting a bunch of your presets done, and arrange them in the order you prefer. Between those and your recall button, you are ready to call some critters.
Good advice there.
Personally I can't warm up to the idea of using a preset sequence. Every stand is different and things change during the season.
If I've got an animal coming in, I wouldn't want the sound to switch right in the middle of the approach. Maybe I'm not using my Fusion to it's full capability, but I want to be in control of the sound at all times.

1trkyhntr, that is basically my problem with sequences that include a bunch of different sounds. The late Rich Cronk would never even entertain the thought of this type of sequence, and I won't either. It is like other techniques though; if you believe in it, go for it.

I see the main advantage to a sequence as being eyes on the horizon and not the remote. You can always mute the call and change sounds, you don't have to carry on with the sequence. I have a coyote sequence I made, it's rabbit distress, mute for 4 mins, repeat. volume goes from 25% to 50% over the course of 15 mins or so and then tapers back down. You don't need to make one so complex it or off the wall that it might be a hindrance in the field

I find when I use the remote I am very eager to change sounds and periods of silence always are shorter than should be. With a sequence I am more relaxed and ready to kill

my .02

I can see both sides of the sequence issue. Since buying my Fusion I've been playing around with different sequences. I don't like sounds changing when one is coming, but I do like being able to just focus on my surroundings rather than the remote.

Last week I was running one of the pre-programmed sequences and had a hard charger coming to Pup Distress. I didn't want the sound to change so I just hit my pre-set and let it play. Luckily he was coming to one of my presets.

Being familiar with your remote is a big plus in helping keep your eyes where they need to be. Everybody seems to have a different way of doing things, which is o.k.. In the long run, working out your techniques and having faith in them is as important an element as you will have in your bag of tricks. With 50 presets, the recall button, and arranging my sounds and presets in logical order, I am well prepared to handle various calling situations. I have Coyote Death Cry set for my User button, so that is covered too.

If you have faith in sequences and they relax you, go for them.

Back