where can i get a predator chair

ckoscin

looking for a low profile chair to use while hunting. i was going to get the cabelas brand but they are out of stock. out of season..

any help would be great..thanks

I use a little three legged stool but lots of guys use turkey chairs. I will also use the little cushions with the beads in them to keep my butt dry and use the stool as a rifle rest.

I use a Cabelas Predator Lounger, the Turkey Lounger is very similar. I uses to use the ThermaSeats, cushions, stools, etc...the Lounger completely changed the way I hunt. Stands are much easier to sit for an extended time, such as when calling cats.

What are your requirements? How high do you want to sit, how much do you weigh, does it have to have a back, does it need to swivel?

i was looking at the cabelas pred lounger, but its no longer available. is the turkey one the same thing ?

yes id like a back. i use a shoting stick for gun.

Last edited:
Check Walmart for the Turkey Thug chair. I picket one up last year for about $30.00. It has a back rest and folds up like the soccer mom chairs.

I have used a low-profile chair from GCI Outdoors for several years. The chair sits low to the ground and is adjustable for use even on a hill side. I have used it quite comfortably on a steep slope. Another good feature is the back rest. It allows me to get really steady for a shot. The ad says it weighs 6 pounds but I don't think mine does. It feels much lighter.

The chair I have is camo but looks like they have discontinued that one. Here is the current one offered. Be sure to view the video at this link.

https://www.gcioutdoor.com/outdoor-recliners/everywhere-chair.htm

There are a lot of good seats out there. Most are too low to see over moderately tall grass. some have no back, most weigh 6+ pounds, many do not swivel, a big deal when a coyote comes in from the "wrong" way. Another reason I took a chance on this chair is the legs are individually adjustable. Not much level ground where I live. Only thing that would better is a chair where all three legs adjusted at once before you sit on it, kind of like a trigger stick chair.

Originally Posted By: cmatera This is my latest.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/shappell-trail-chair-360.html

My hunting chair must: get me off the ground, for visibility (I am only 5'6"), have a back (I have a partially fused spine), and swivel.

This chair is lightweight, and the construction is NOT heavy duty. For me at 130#, it will work.

I recently lost my 3 legged stool and have been looking for a replacement. The chair you're using looks like it would be just the ticket!

I use a 7 gallon bucket. It is the perfect height for me little taller then a 5 gallon bucket. I use a 1/2 Ice fishing seat I bought at fleet farm store. Very quite , holds alot of stuff , fox pro , lunch , etc. white one for winter painted brown one for fall. I have had a knee replacement and it works great for me if I need to stand up after 20 minuites to rest my knee. Martyd

Originally Posted By: cmatera There are a lot of good seats out there. Most are too low to see over moderately tall grass. some have no back, most weigh 6+ pounds, many do not swivel, a big deal when a coyote comes in from the "wrong" way. Another reason I took a chance on this chair is the legs are individually adjustable. Not much level ground where I live. Only thing that would better is a chair where all three legs adjusted at once before you sit on it, kind of like a trigger stick chair.

Sounds like your almost describing a Caldwell Deadshot Chairpod

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/175846/caldwell-deadshot-chairpod-aluminum

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CALDWELL-DEADSHOT-CHAIRPOD/1769631.uts

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cmatera 22 Pounds? Really?
Cmatera: That's kinda what I'm thinking. A bit to heavy for me.

BTW, that old JS 512 helped me call a pile of crows 2 weeks ago. I think the count (2 shooters) was 34. A new set of batteries and she's still going strong as ever. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: ckoscini was looking at the cabelas pred lounger, but its no longer available. is the turkey one the same thing ?

yes id like a back. i use a shoting stick for gun.

Just picked up 3 Predator Loungers from Cabelas last week for some friends. It's the same thing as their Turkey Lounger. The Predator Lounger was on sale for $24.99 though.

Originally Posted By: cmatera There are a lot of good seats out there. Most are too low to see over moderately tall grass. some have no back, most weigh 6+ pounds, many do not swivel, a big deal when a coyote comes in from the "wrong" way. Another reason I took a chance on this chair is the legs are individually adjustable. Not much level ground where I live. Only thing that would better is a chair where all three legs adjusted at once before you sit on it, kind of like a trigger stick chair.

My buddy was just complaining about this last week. He said he was going to invent a light weight predator chair with adjustable legs. The predator lounger sits too low in the higher grasses and awkward in uneven terrain. It's the best I've seen so far, so that's what I'm currently using.

I'll tell my buddy to speed up his invention though, ha!

Back