Cats & Dogs see UV light waves

Coyotehunter_

http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/cats-have-super-psychedelic-vision-140218.htm

The article also suggests that people who have had their lenses removed from their eyes can also see UV light waves. So if you have had cataract surgery and had your natural eye lenses removed and replaced with artificial lenses then maybe you can see UV light like cats and dogs?

Now I had cataract surgery in both eyes and noticed right away after my operations that the light was so much brighter and colors were much more vivid after the surgery. I wear sun glasses more often these days when it's sunny outside. The bright light actually can hurt my eyes. But I was not aware that I was seeing more UV light than before the operation.

Now I wonder just how well the predators can see at night? And how much UV light is present after the sun goes down and it's dark outside. Now I've read that flowers have designs on the petals that reflect UV Light so that bees can see these designs and find the pollen better. I've also read that manufactures add brighteners to our cloths and detergents to help brighten up the clothing. Does these brighteners reflect UV light if it's present.

I need to buy a light that gives off UV light for another purpose. Maybe I should wear sun glasses while using that light. I know that fungus is inhibited by UV light or Killed by UV light. If you have a foot fungus the best cure is to soak your feet in UV light for about 30 minutes a day. That and soaking your feet in a solution of water and apple cider vinegar can help get rid of a foot fungus. It's cheaper than using lamisil cream from the pharmacy. adding a drop of two of Thyme oil to the water (foot bath) also helps. Evidently the fungal cells can't block the UV light and it kills something inside the cells or destroys the cell walls. I remember from High School Biology Class that the cell walls of plants and animals are different. And that fungal cells are different than both plants' and animals' cell walls.

Back