Georgia Democrats Introduce ‘Assault Weapon’ Confiscation Bill

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:
Georgia Democrats Introduce ‘Assault Weapon’ Confiscation Bill

by AWR Hawkins13 Jan 20164,309

On January 11, Democrats in Georgia’s state house introduced a bill that bans “assault weapons” and opens the door for the “seizure” of such weapons, along with accessories like “high capacity” magazines.

The bill–HB 731–is sponsored by Mary Margaret Oliver (D-83rd), Stacey Abrams (D-89th), Carolyn Hugley (D-136th), Pat Gardiner (D-57th), Dar’shun Kendrick (D-93rd), Dee Dawkins-Haigler (D-91st).

According to the text of HB 731, the bill focuses on ” dangerous instrumentalities and practices” by prohibiting the “possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.” Moreover, the details punishment for crimes involving “the possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets.”

It also “[designates] certain weaponry and ammunition as contraband and [requires] seizure of such by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.”

Representative Mary Margaret Oliver suggests 10 other representatives have joined the six original bill sponsors. An announcement posted to Oliver’s webpage says:

[Oliver] and fifteen Democrat women House members introduced HB 731 on the first day of the 2016 Session. The bill bans assault weapons and high capacity magazines. Georgia needs debate about these weapons which are only used for rapidly killing people. Assault weapons are not necessary for deer hunting.

Pro-Second Amendment group Georgia Carry responded to HB 731 by tweeting, “Dems finally honest about gun control, their ultimate goal is confiscation.”

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

Read More Stories About:

Big Government, 2nd Amendment, 'High Capacity' Magazine Ban, Georgia Carry, representative Mary Margaret Oliver, HB 731, "Assault Weapon" ban, representative Stacey Adams

Links to above stories @:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...fiscation-bill/

Since when did "Assault weapons are not necessary for deer hunting." become a qualifying criteria for ownership of those weapons?? THAT LANGUAGE is very very iffy!!! And, should raise red flags EVERYWHERE!

Considering the number of bows and arrows available to hunt with in this day and age, it could be readily argued that NO gun is necessary for deer hunting, that you can kill a deer with a bow. Were the bill passed with language of that nature used as a basis for reason, it establishes precedence. Next would be semi-auto pistols are not necessary for deer hunting. Where does it stop?

I doubt seriously it will gain any traction in Georgia. This one I believe originated out of Atlanta.

Rocky,
I agree with your points. The "not necessary for deer hunting" is nothing more than an attempt to put a veil over their real agenda, "CONFISCATION OF GUNS" Again, agreeing with you, this is just a start to attack all weapons. I hope you are right in that it will go nowhere.

Quote: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Ummmm, can someone show me the word deer or hunting in above?

Regards,
hm

Guess the police dept's would be willing to give up theirs too then since they don't use them for deer hunting.

Last edited:
Your right Bob, but this tactic of throwing up a trial balloon and see how much push back they get, then they go for half a loaf,then later they try again...they never stop...

Mary Margaret Oliver - Diane Feinstein Wannabe
Stacey Abrams - Black Female
Carolyn Hugley - Black Female
Pat Gardiner - Nancy Pelosi Wannabe
Dar’shun Kendrick - Black Female
Dee Dawkins-Haigler - Black Female

Are we beginning to see a pattern here?

Rocky1 said:
Mary Margaret Oliver - Diane Feinstein Wannabe
Stacey Abrams - Black Female
Carolyn Hugley - Black Female
Pat Gardiner - Nancy Pelosi Wannabe
Dar’shun Kendrick - Black Female
Dee Dawkins-Haigler - Black Female

Are we beginning to see a pattern here? [/quote

Female black, and female Jew are against guns?

Originally Posted By: Georgia Speaker of the House “In the wake of [the mass shootings in] Paris and San Bernadino, [I can’t see] how someone believes that the solutions to some of these problems are to disarm law-abiding Georgians and Americans,” the speaker said.

Thanks, Stu!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Back