Stoeger 3500 3 1/2 in 26inch

SEcowboy

Ok guys. Got lucky. The ole lady got me a new gun. Pretty sure it's bc she don't like the other, but I'll take it. Anyways. Before y'all make me walk the plank. Hear me out.

I'm looking for recommendations on choke and shot. I've read the shotgun thread. But does anyone have experience with this gun? Just trying to save time, and money, experimenting to find the rt combo.

Thanks,

Originally Posted By: SEcowboy... Just trying to save time, and money, experimenting to find the rt combo.

Thanks,

Good luck...

My bad, hunting coyotes, looking for around 40 yards. I'm down in florida so a lot of stands are close. I had an old double barrel I used that I put #4 buck in and worked good the first shot. So I just got lucky.

Saving time and money. Ha. Ya. That never seems to go as planned.

Last edited:
i like BB or a little bigger for called coyotes. and it must be lead or the denser than lead stuff. steel and some of that other environmentally friendly crap just dont cut it for coyotes.

as far as chokes and what will work best out of you shotgun, this is where it will cost you. both money and time. you really need to shoot some loads out of it with some different chokes and get some idea of the pattern density and where the pattern actually hits. other wise there is no way of knowing.

you shotgun should of come with a selection of chokes? i would try a extra full or turkey choke first. you might get lucky and it will shoot a good pattern with some of the ammo you try.

I have this exact shotgun. Let me start by saying that you need to experiment and when you think you like your pattern try it again. You have to go off an average. I run Remington #4 buck 3 inch.

I'm shooting the same gun but for waterfowl and turkey, the turkey choke that comes with the gun is the choke I used for turkey, went and bought some fancy other extra full turkey choke and the pattern was way more open than the factory choke that came with the shotgun. I would try the choke that came with the gun before spending more money on a choke otherwise you get a $100 paper weight.

Thanks for the help. Weather was pretty bad today but did pick up some ammo. And hopefully get some shots in after work this week. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the help. Weather was pretty bad today but did pick up some ammo. And hopefully get some shots in after work this week. I appreciate it.

Your shotgun takes the Beretta/Benelli Mobil choke. You will have to pattern and the turkey choke that it came with might work great, or it might not. I like Trulock but imagine there are other choke makers out there that are good.

Last edited:
I have a m3500 i use for turkey hunting. i have a sumtoy .650 i patterned it and got 347 pellets in a 10" circle with a hevi shot turkey load. I have also shot #2 lead though it and it patterns pretty good with them I'm pretty sure it would kill a coyote out to 60 yards with #2's

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCHow well does it pattern those #2's at 60 yards?

I never patterned out to 60 yes and i didn't even count the pellet count @ 40 yards but it was a even pattern. If the weather gets better i shoot one and post up a pic

Turkey loads don't count, we are talking predator shooting here. May I ask your experience shotgunning coyotes?

Originally Posted By: GCTurkey loads don't count, we are talking predator shooting here. May I ask your experience shotgunning coyotes?

I know turkey loads don't count I was just showing a pattern of 3.5 mag blend outta of my gun with a .650. I've never shotgunned a coyote

Originally Posted By: tccOriginally Posted By: GCTurkey loads don't count, we are talking predator shooting here. May I ask your experience shotgunning coyotes?

I know turkey loads don't count I was just showing a pattern of 3.5 mag blend outta of my gun with a .650. I've never shotgunned a coyote

So with no experience shotgunning coyotes you would give others advice about what is a reliable killer at extended range with marginal shot size and without patterning at that range. Sounds about right.

BTW, nice turkey pattern.

Back