my new hunting dog

saskHKuk

well after 15 years of owning a GWP who i sadly lost last year,i decided on my next dog,a patterdale terrier.

i hunted foxes in wales with a fell pack of hounds and on the occasion the fox went to ground the terrier man would come into play and send down the patters.
i fell in love with them then.

here she is,12 week old canadian born patterdale pup

i have also got the traditional black bridle leather collar and leash from the UK sent to me at a very reasonable cost considering i couldnt find anyone here in canada who makes/sells them
$60 can shipped

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerCan't wait for reports on how the pup is doing in the future. Good luck with the training.

well its been a week with her now and she on a mission to chew through my whole house.
anything gets it,wood,metal,stone and even the coffee cup got gnawed on LOL

very entertaining dog

We've all been there. Part of the initiation fee.
tongue.gif

On the 8th day god created satan
In the form of a patterdale terrier

Introduced her to the wifes three cats and fur didnt fly
But the cats are playing the avoiding game lol

It seems the bigger the pain in the a$$, the better the potential. My 2 dogs (Aussie & Catahoula) really love cats. They play all the time with them, tug-o-war, toss, and tree the cat!

its been a while posting on here

OMG she is a crazy little dog.
my house is still in one piece at the moment.she doesnt quite take to the -30s and below
here in sask.
i have managed to get her to sit and stay(little bum twitching ready to go)

when she is ragging on her rope toy,i can get her to 'leave' as in release from her
locked mouth.

she has switched on to people coming to the house and starts barking and growling.

as for the cats......she likes to play with them but obviously they aint playing
so its a mad dash a million miles an hour around the house with loads of hissing.

otherwise its a patterdale terrier growing.

oh she likes to leave stools for me

Back