Need help on Remington 700 BDL 222 engraved rifle value?

You will need to provide a lot more information about the rifle including pictures in order for anyone to give you an real kind of value on you rifle.

I can tell you that cartridge is a lot of fun and depending on the rifle, is very accurate with an effective range out to 300 yards or so. I love mine but I have an older Remington model 722 and it is a real tack driver.

If NIB you could be looking at some big money. Some people collect them, and might need a 222 to add. If it has been fired, all bets are off, and around here, $600 would be a ball park figure. Scratches, rust, would nock it down more.

MODEL 700BDL CUSTOM DELUXE
.222 Rem. (disc. 2007)
fine line engraving was standard 1997-2001

Got this info from the blue book of guns

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $994 $785 $600 $460 $350 $300 $280 $260

Add 15% for fine line engraving on receiver and floorplate (standard 1997-2001) if in 95% or better condition.

If what you are describing is the factory CNC "engraving" on the receiver, it realistically doesn't add much value to a rifle over any other 700 BDL in similar condition as it was fairly common and extremely cheap to do in the time period described.

For a modern day rifle to have any real collector value, the collector is going to want unfired NIB condition with the box and all associated paperwork that came with the rifle originally in like new condition also. Anything less and the value declines significantly.

Several years ago I was in Houston and ran through a big gun shop there and found a 700 BDL in 17 Remington that caught my eye due to the cartridge. On closer inspection I noticed it was one of the "engraved" rifles. After a bit of negotiating on the price, I walked out the door with a rifle in NIB condition including the box, etc. for $575 plus tax. To the gun shop which sees and sells several hundred different weapons in a week's time it was just another used BDL with no premium added for the CNC bling. Maybe another gun shop might try to "up sell" the rifle based on the bling, but in reality it adds very little to an otherwise used gun value, at least in the part of the world where I live.

I have a hunting buddy that has that same rifle but in the 17 Remington caliber. I asked him and he told me about $600 dollars is what you should be able to get it for. I have that same rifle as well in the 17 Remington caliber but not the deluxe model with engraving and I paid a little over $500 for mine.
I would say your contact is high on his price. If you can get it for $600 I think you would get a very fair deal.

Back