Remington Varmint Special 22-250

CBH

It started a couple months ago. I wasn't even looking for one, but I ran in to a deal that I couldn't pass up. I quickly fell in love with this gun! A few weeks later, I was offered another one. Now I am the proud owner of two Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special 22-250's! These are GREAT rifles! I just had to share them here.

My dad also had one he bought new around the mid 70's shot the he11 out of that thing and he re-stocked it and rebarreled it into a TTH. He has a friend that has one he bought used and I've thought about buying it from him but I don't know what these things are worth.

What's a fair price for a clean one of these with no scope, just the gun???

I saw one sell for $1000 a few days ago (bare rifle)....but I also saw one at a gun show for $795. The older Remington BDL's are becoming very desirable, and the prices are climbing.

I have one I bought new in 1978 when a couple of us started varmint hunting. Mine is a 700 Varmint Special in .25-06. They have beautiful wood and shoot well.

Yours look great.

Originally Posted By: CBHI saw one sell for $1000 a few days ago (bare rifle)....but I also saw one at a gun show for $795. The older Remington BDL's are becoming very desirable, and the prices are climbing.

Really?? I had no idea they were worth that kind of money. I was thinking around $500 for it with no scope.

In my area, you would be very hard pressed to find any Remington 700 BDL for $500.
I searched for quite some time to find an older "brass pinned" Remington 700 BDL in .270 caliber. I finally found one in fabulous condition, made in 1971, for $700. It will be handed down to my son, one of these days.

Beautiful rifles, I have one of the newer run of VS (1990's) mine came with a HS Precision stock & the dreaded J-Lock.

Its got nothing on those 2 beauties.

Lee

Originally Posted By: B23I guess if I can pick it up for $500 I need to just do it and be happy.
If you can find one of the Varmint Specials for $500...you'd better quickly snatch it up!! I guarantee, you'll be very happy!

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: CBHI saw one sell for $1000 a few days ago (bare rifle)....but I also saw one at a gun show for $795. The older Remington BDL's are becoming very desirable, and the prices are climbing.

Really?? I had no idea they were worth that kind of money. I was thinking around $500 for it with no scope.

Crazy huh ? !
I bought mine (new) in the early '90s for $450.

Originally Posted By: CBHI saw one sell for $1000 a few days ago (bare rifle)....but I also saw one at a gun show for $795. The older Remington BDL's are becoming very desirable, and the prices are climbing.

Asking prices can often times be much higher than selling prices. Had a guy want to sell some commemorative rifles and pistols the other day. They were selling for far less than he wanted...value is only what the guy with the cash will give you. Sometimes that really hurts!

Back