This season's trapping/snaring photos 2016

Brendan43

My son and I had a great time this fall and winter. Here's some pics.

If you look close on some you can see the cable.

And here's a pic of Charlie getting trapping instruction fron none other than Slim Pedersen

And here's Hank. A Plot/Cur I bought from John Graham. Lots of promise.

My friend, Brad came out from NH and wanted to do a little badger hunting early so these weren't prime but he didn't care

Annie doing her thing. Love that dog.

She'll find a gut shot coyote in seconds. Likes harassing trapped ones too
smile.gif

Awesome pics. That's great to get instruction from Slim himself. I've got a couple of his books but to get that in living color is awesome. I wish we didn't have to be NWCO's to still be able to use snares. I love snaring. Good job. I'm glad you are passing it on.

Add another. Pulling my last two traps landed me one more. I think I'm at around 20. Probably won't make it into the Trappers Hall of Fame but you do what you can.

Those are some cool pics.. 3 badgers in one day is something.. Did you call those in one day? Everyone I have shot came in by chance while calling coyotes.. They are few and far between for myself

My son and I took instruction from him. He lives in ND. He is real reasonable. I flew him out and he stayed at our house. I view guys like that as national treasures. I'm taking full advantage of what he can offer. If I could afford it, I'd have him out every year.

You had a great season, even if you did not set the guinnis Record. Those photos speak volumes and have yet to ever take a coyote using a snare. WAY to Go !!!!!

snares are a real good tool, they are easy to use and set, if you have grass trails, or trails between brush they work real good, blend with a weed to hide support, or grass, they rarely get smart to a snare

Back