Some of my trapping photos

Brendan43

Here's a few of the critters I managed to scrounge up this season. I don't know if there's a limit on pics. It looks like some didn't upload but you get the idea. I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't having fun. It was great to get my son and some of his buddies out as well this year.

thumbup1.gif

I have snared several badgers. It was funny to see the difference in behavior when snared.
I snared some in existing den holes. I just supported the loop in the hole with small toothpick size sticks so the loop laid almost flat in the entrance. The badgers were caught around the middle, no fur damage as I recall, but the curious thing was that they didn't dig like a backhoe, they just hunkered down in their hole and glared at you. If you didn't look close you wont' even see the snare with the badger on it in the hole. You could catch them on a road side and most would never notice.

Those were last season's photos but thanks guys
smile.gif
. Once I get all my stuff put up from this season, I'll get an end of season photo. I'll post this season's photos too.

I used to snare a lot of fox in the road ditches here 25 or more years ago before the mange killed them all, nearly all. I snared 2 badgers one year by the neck, that was surprising, snared 131 fox one season, only got 2-3" snow all winter, nov to jan 31

Back