Gas Block ?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotmost of the time people are trying to lesson the gas pressure. what kind of problems are you having that you would want to give it more? Im running a kintec/kynshot carbine buffer and my rifle wont lock back on an empty mag unless i run the org buffer. works fine in my Daniel Defense carbine but wont in my other carbines.

Last edited:
You would have to open up the gas port in the barrel. I wouldnt mess with that though. Just change the buffer out, there is t anything magical about it.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223You would have to open up the gas port in the barrel. I wouldnt mess with that though. Just change the buffer out, there is t anything magical about it. Yes they make a huge difference in recoil, smooths and softens it, Lets you stay on target about as much as a good muzzle comp/ break. Add the two together and its crazy smooth . But i have a ? which is the limiting factor the Gas block or the barrel port ??? Im guessing both could be...

Last edited:
You would have been way ahead using a standard buffer and and adjustable gas block.

JMO but if you are worried about the recoil on a standard 223/556 ar15 then you should spend more time correcting your shooting form.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorYou would have been way ahead using a standard buffer and and adjustable gas block.

JMO but if you are worried about the recoil on a standard 223/556 ar15 then you should spend more time correcting your shooting form. Oh give me a break ! jeezus im not worried about the recoil it dont hurt to shoot it,,,, im just looking for a competitive edge.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Goe BlowOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorYou would have been way ahead using a standard buffer and and adjustable gas block.

JMO but if you are worried about the recoil on a standard 223/556 ar15 then you should spend more time correcting your shooting form. Oh give me a break ! jeezus im not worried about the recoil it dont hurt to shoot it,,,, im just looking for a competitive edge.....

Originally Posted By: Goe BlowYes they make a huge difference in recoil, smooths and softens it

Opening a gas port so you can run a heavy buffer makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop.

Do what you want, drill the port out a little bit at a time until you get proper function. But you would still be better of just using an agb with the standard buffer.

ETA: pull the gas block off this upper and your DD upper and compare gas port size. If the DD port is larger find a drill bit that size and drill out your other gas port. Just remember if you go too large or go back to a regular buffer you very well might be way over gassed therefore requiring an agb for proper function.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: Goe BlowOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorYou would have been way ahead using a standard buffer and and adjustable gas block.

Originally Posted By: Goe BlowYes they make a huge difference in recoil, smooths and softens it

Opening a gas port so you can run a heavy buffer makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop.

Do what you want, drill the port out a little bit at a time until you get proper function. But you would still be better of just using an agb with the standard buffer.

ETA: pull the gas block off this upper and your DD upper and compare gas port size. If the DD port is larger find a drill bit that size and drill out your other gas port. Just remember if you go too large or go back to a regular buffer you very well might be way over gassed therefore requiring an agb for proper function. Noted !

Last edited:
Solved the problem by taking the largest drill bit i could fit in the barrel port and very slightly reamed the hole it took very little reaming replaced the gas block and test fired it problem solved it now locks back with kintec/kinshot buffer....

Back