Video comparison Wicked vs Sniper Hog Lights

Chuck,

Typically we wouldn't comment on a video review done by an individual--be it pro, con, or indifferent. However your situation is a little different, you stated in your video you are actually sponsored by Sniper Hawg Lights.

It's also interesting, just a couple weeks ago you were actively soliciting sponsorship from Wicked Hunting Lights, of which we were not interested in.

screen-shot-2016-01-15-at-5.26.40-pmxx.jpg

The world of night hunting lights manufacturing and sales is extremely competitive with each manufacturer aggressively developing and marketing there product lines. The temptation for one manufacturer to indirectly attack another through "sponsored" proxies is always there for the cost of a few free products, be it with e-callers, mouth calls, and yes even in the night hunting lights industry.

We at Wicked Lights prefer to focus on highlighting our strengths, innovations in design, awards, and successes in the field. Our sponsored users and pro staff are forbidden from engaging in proxy attacks or "staged" video comparisons on other brands.

Regarding your video review, I'm sure you wont be surprised that we don't agree with your Sniper Hawg Light sponsored video results. Our testing with actual calibrated light measurement instruments show the W402 to be 10-15 percent brighter and a properly functioning W402 bezel is smooth and secure through the full zoom - flood adjustment range. The W402 depicted in you Sniper Hawg Sponsored video has abnormal wobble in the head. If you return it to us, we would be happy to repair or replace the light for you free of charge under our comprehensive warranty support program.

Congratulations on your sponsorship from Sniper Hawg Lights.

Wicked Lights

This is funny. I own a wicked lights w402zf and i've owned it for about 2 years now purchased from boondock outdoors. I can tell you right now these lights and the company does not BS about how far you can see. I've hunted 200-350 yard sets and have never not been able to see the ENTIRE animal through my scope. These are the best lights out there hands down and to be honest with you that video you took looks like the wicked light featured as the bright one. Id like to see you show the lights and which one is on each side next time.

Originally Posted By: BrianFieldThis is funny. I own a wicked lights w402zf and i've owned it for about 2 years now purchased from boondock outdoors. I can tell you right now these lights and the company does not BS about how far you can see. I've hunted 200-350 yard sets and have never not been able to see the ENTIRE animal through my scope. These are the best lights out there hands down and to be honest with you that video you took looks like the wicked light featured as the bright one. Id like to see you show the lights and which one is on each side next time.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm just curious, how did the Coyote Light rate in your comparison of "the best lights out there hands down"? Hats off to you for testing and evaluating every light available. That must have been very time consuming, and expensive.

Last edited:
As you heard me say in the video they are so close to each other brightness wise. I never say one was brighter or better than the other. I can have 10 other people that I have suggested your lights to over the years that bought them attest to how lose my light head is but I have just used it like that the year and a half I have owned it. I'm sorry if you feel I did an unfair comparison, I took the 2 lights I had and did an video comparison. As I said never in the video did I once say anything about which light is brighter, better or anything else so im sorry if you feel it was unfair.

I'm sorry to say cec, but your statement above that nowhere in the video did you say which light is brighter is incorrect. At the 2:35 point in the video you say the SH is a little bit brighter. Now granted, you don't say it is a lot brighter and you do say in other places that they are close in brightness. I like my SH, but it does have a good bit of play in the head and a lot of play in the mounting bracket.

In the video, the Sniper Hawg Light had the advantage of shining at a tree with more branches, which gave the illusion that it might have been slightly brighter.

Last edited:
There is no other light out there unless you want to carry a battery pack or not be able to mount it to your gun that is brighter. Yeah a white trillion candle power hand operated wireless spotlight is going to be brighter, but i want you to find a website that has a light guaranteed to shine and light up an animal at 327 yards that mounts to your gun and doesnt have a battery pack. what you'll find is the brands name is coyote light, and it's not as bright as a wicked light. Thanks again for your input, looks to me you just want to start an argument with someone than to have anything positive to say about the post that was made. Im assuming you own a sniper kill light??

All you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Accuracy-50...1422480451?hash

Set it up at a yard compare all your lights.

Shinning lights on a tree a wall or whatever is like touching a red hot burner and tell some one yup it's 400 degrees, who's gonna beleive it.
lol.gif

You're splitting hairs when it comes to zoom lights. The difference between a 35k and a 45k light is only 24 yards.

Boondock had all these numbers at one time, not sure if he still does.

Last edited:
ok so the difference between the wicked lights and the sniper hawg lights, is there the same amount of ir red glow from the head when looking into it??? does anyone know that answer?

Originally Posted By: JMetteok so the difference between the wicked lights and the sniper hawg lights, is there the same amount of ir red glow from the head when looking into it??? does anyone know that answer?

Those lights in the video were red LED not IR.

Back