some pics from this year

Tactical .20

big male, first night , dirt hole, old badger hole dug for food

adult male dirt hole

another male, this spot always produces, location is territory boundry

same farm, trail always gives me coyotes, got 12 here this year on this half section

coon coyote double, another coyote was in snare about 1/4 mile away same 1/4 section

dirt hole, him no like doggie! dirt hole, got 7 on this 1/4 section farm

female 50yds west of big dog, snare trap double

unlucky fri 13th lol

big ugly dog, best snaring fence I have

good spot to snare, got 7 on this half section, 13 couple years ago

last decent weather day, took 2 grand kids, I rehung the new snare, she was wacking dead coyote with a iron weed stalk, I asked what are you doing, she said I'm mad at the coyote for killing all those bunnies and stuff, lol, guess she was listening on the way out!

grdaughter asked why is that coyote barking like a dawg? lol, both coyotes were females

big male, caught on trail crossing dredge ditch, only one got on that type of trail this year, high water stopped them from crossing, so they ran the length only

liquid dirt catch circle, worthless coyote flopped into 3" of soup, both sides, hosed him off, rinsed fur 8 times, stretched n dried, threw away, no good

I'll put up more later, afraid it will freeze post

heavy rains, 30" stake nearly out! had one pull stake on same farm, re snared that big male 2-3 weeks later, same trail 70 yds further down trail

same farm as trap snare double, see water pond in field, raining at the time

old tressle crosses this ditch, they cross here, always produces

snare double

little snowy that day

another snare double, 12 coyote farm

12 coyote farm

unused open gate on fence line they travel along, usually get 1-3 here, day before I saw after snow hit that snow knocked some grass down, 2 coyotes walked behind the snare loop, so I turned the loop around to cover where they went through, and stuck a couple of button weeds in new openings to block them, figuring they would step in same tracks in the 5-6" of snow, next morning she is waiting for me!

first batch ready to sell to Mike

sold 6-7 gallons of coyote glands to Wayne Derrick of NM, so I bought some of his G-man gland lure, just set traps at about 3:30 day before, got this big male 2-3 hours after setting the two traps by creek, could tell it was caught before it froze up that night

few days later another big male in flat set lured with G-man!

same farm up on the hill above the creek, gathered up corn stalks to make a pile to back my dirt hole, ugly female, could see her from the farm place nearly half mile north

another snare double, river farm with good fence line, female in front big male by dog

big male of double

12 coyote farm, good trail along d ditch

big male same snare catch cirle as ugly brown dog, set trap, covered with grass, used snare support wire and a weed for pee-gland lure post, took a couple weeks then he stopped by

train tressle trail, I saw this coyote as I got closer on atv, thought wow that clump of grass looks just like a coyote, he wasn't moving but up and looking at me, I got closer and thought ok dang it now i'm getting mad it still looks like a coyote! got closer and realized it was one! lol

big dog by rock pile on top of hill along 1/2 mile fence, got big male here last year, truck was broke down so took her car, 3 year old grandson saw pic on my phone and laughed cause I laid him on grma's car to get it home!

big male snared in atv tracks along d ditch, I looked and walked the trail twice, thinking dang it its sposed to be right here! where the heck, then looked over the ditch bank, stone dead laying there, lol

ugly brown male on 12 coyote farm close to where stake was half out on other catch

snared coyote on 12 coyote farm, he was the one that pulled my snare 3 weeks before, still wearing my loop

ugly male, worthless, they come out of woods to walk by a farm place

big male, saw tracks in mud by road, 5/8 mile down the ditch he worked the new dirt hole I put in near the catch circle of a 2 catch location, trap snare double spot, put in after stopping for deer season, per requirement of farmer, re hung snares re set trap and put in this new set

my 6th double for the year, female here, big male by fence, 3rd big male on this 1/4 section

big male of double, one went around snare here, then I added one more snare and a few button weeds to block openings made by snow, 2 weeks or more then got them 2

4th one on this trail, 12 coyote farm female

Christmas eve day, I finally saw a coyote on the hill on north side of road, I checked the south side first, he walked by open gate location, then stepped on this frozen flat set, left bottom track is dead on top of trap pan, trench to side to guide foot, turd on the left under the snow

he crosses the road goes almost 1/4 mile, was 30 ft down wind of the flat set, curved over to check it out, ugliest coyote in IA, lol shoulda thrown him out, brown neck and belly, fur came out when combing it, smelled nasty bad

not all of them but a good amount from this year. Worse trapping conditions I ever had, 4-6" rain 12" snow melted, than 12-18" more before Christmas

thumbup.gif
Great Pic's Thanks for sharing them --Grats on your catch

Good looking fur wish I had that skill, or even half it lol.. are you on trapperman could have sworn I seen these on there but maybe not.

yup, I dont think I posted the pictures here from last year, I forget, I haven;t been here for 6 months maybe.
thanks dead coyote, svb and shawn, I didn't put some of them on here, too many look the same, lol
done trapping for this season, unless I get trapping job I'm trying to apply for.
lol, I had to fix son's door, I told grand daughter , well people in every state know what you look like now! her jaw drops, what do you mean?
I said to her, I put the trapping picture up on trapping site, I said Kadija, there are trappers on there from AR to AK on the trapping site, and from other countries too! she smiles, little man was all excited!

Last edited:
Very Cool. Are you Still in Estherville? Buddy and I have came out to spirit lake several times over past 10 years t0 pheasant hunt.

yup still in eastfartville for now, smelliest town around.
still getting more males than females, would have a lot more but had worse trapping conditions I ever tried trapping in. getting a few pups, but most are big adults, last year got biggest one ever stretched to 64.5" at the ankle, this year I got 2 that big!
prices decent, fur was not so great on a lot of them, lot of brown coyotes, one that had green dyed fur 10$ for her, 60$ tops for 6-8, 50 for 8-9? 4 I shoulda threw away, sold 3 of them for 5$.

2- 2" rains, 5 and 7" snows that melted, then 8-12" of more snow, I
quit just after Christmas, that 5$ coyote was last straw, lol

Thanks guys had fun sorta! lol, dog always has fun even if shes freezing cold, or covered in mud. this year she got sprayed first time. I usually tell her if I get a rare skunk catch to saty on atv, she gets off, started towards skunk, told her no, no, NO!!! spray started then skunk turned gland to her face and covered it in yellow!
She didn't like it much, lol. only place of refuge to her was atv, I had to push her off twice and make her run back to truck, I didnt want it on me! hope she learned! I said no before she walked across a set she went anyway got back foot in #3, then she was staying on atv more after that, lol. she found one trap for me in the snow
shouldn't I be getting atleast half pups? not a lot of tracks out there

Last edited:
wow, Ohio, thats long ways to go to hunt pheasants, I think on tman a guy from PA went to SD to hunt them, I hear numbers are down out there in SD. This year I saw a lot of roosters, sometimes ten in a bunch by the road, I dont hunt anything but coyotes, normally.
Dog wacker, been back to IA lately? I ended up with 51 is all.
I have to laugh, I kept saying on tman how I was doing, like had 4th double, couple guys said no pics, never happened. So I finally got pics loaded on pbucket to show and put them on posts, 1000 views, 5-6 comments, wt heck? I thought they wanted pics, lol

Last edited:
Go back in October normally. Still visiting BIL in Durant/ Wilton. Some 'yotes there,, as always. Noticeable increase in turkeys in that area as well. Deer, always deer; some real nice bucks too.

For what ever reason(low rabbit pop.?) we have been 3 qts shy of a gallon with coyotes here for the last 5 years. Now? bunny pop. is exploding and old long nose canine is EVERYWHERE. Confusing. Where did they come from since it seems like I live smack dab in the middle of the largest concentration of predator hunters you have ever seen. By product? No coyotes around respond to howling, ever, at all, in the last 12 months. Good thing it snowed!! Have to change mu setup.

I'll check with you in Sept. to see if we (my wife and I) can meet you all for dinner - on us.

You must be done trapping 'yotes by now, what with breeding season going into full bore mode.?

snow stopped me, i had worse conditions this year ever.
coyote control has hurt them bad in WY, partly why I haven't been trapping there 4 years or so, low rabbits, cat trappers swarming out there, drought hurt the animals too i think

Last edited:
Back