I need some help from a experienced trapper

TJT3

Is there anyone that would be willing to give me a call and get me pointed in the right direction on setting dirt hole sets? I basically have a few questions on best kind of trap to use and how to properly bed the trap. If anyone is willing to talk to me please send me a pm. I'm not totally ignorant just need to be pointed in the right direction
smile.gif

I did a dirt hole and flat set, put pics up here about 1-2 years ago, look back on the trapping section for my post
flat set bedded

flat set about finished, I put a turd on right spring lever for a foot guide

dirt hole bedded

dirt hole finished, use a pencil sized stick or weed to guide foot at left jaw, scratches to make look like an animal dug hole and flat set

Last edited:
Tatical got the best help there. Look how the traps are placed in the flat set and dirt hole. Set back and guide the coyote foot on the pan. Just use freeze proof dirt wax dirt.

Besides t-man, there is www.coyotesrus.com and www.swampstalker.com too
AND, joining your state trapping assn will keep you informed of conventions and meets and demos you should attend to shorten your learning curve.
Who knows, you may even find a mentor that you could ride along with.
On T-man, go to Basic Sets as well as the mentioned Archives--Land Trapping and also Trappers Tips

Last edited:
Back