Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Hello from michigan!

seems like a heckuva group here, hope i can be a good contributor to the forum.

My forum name is across several other forums, so no novice in that respect. Grew up hunting, fishing and target shooting but never much in the way of predator hunting so thats a relatively new realm for me. I've managed the occasional fox but thats it. Still working on adding a 'yote to my bag of tricks.

Have been reloading for a little over 4 years now. Currently pressing 9 calibers, about half pistol half rifle so i have experience with both straight wall and bottle neck cartridges in multiple flavors.

got bit by the AR bug a few years ago, and totally infected once i started loading for that bushmaster 223 and shot a .268 moa group with my first test ladder reloading for it. Once i found out i could not only save $ reloading (hah, what a lie that was!) shoot more for my ammo budget AND shoot stupid accurate ammo, i was sold on both
smile.gif
Currently i'm shooting 4 calibers off the platform (204, 223, 300 blk, and 308)

New guy checking in, name is Tony. I live in Gold Canyon, Arizona. Hunted Coyotes for about 15 years with moderate success. Machinist for 30 years, first 15 on manual mills and lathes, last 15 setting up CNC mills. The shop I work at has 17 CNC mills, the newest is a 5 axis Matsuura with a pallet changer. I've been reloading since the mid '80's. Favorite Coyote rifle is a Remington 700 CDL Stainless Fluted limited edition in .17 Furball. I bought it in 2007 when Remington got a SAAMI spec for the old wildcat .17 Mach IV.
I have dropped a couple 'yotes at 200 yards with it.
Also use a Tikka in 7mm-08 when calling in areas where the shots are going to be longer. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge and sharing some of mine.

I'm 37, married, one kid and have a great job. I am an operating engineer in West Central Illinois. I'm a hunting rookie, but a decent fisherman. A better teacher at that than I thought, since my wife slays bass now. I've been a sport shooter and am just now getting into coyote hunting. I love anything outdoors and just about anything that makes noise. Circle tracks, drag races, boats, bikes, guns. I'm here to get better at hunting, since I know nothing about successful hunting. That won't stop me from trying, because every trip is something to do outside, and I almost always learn something. Thanks for having me folks.

Righto.

G'day all. Yep I'm an Aussie, Kiwi born moved here at 6. Became an Aussie to join the Aussie Army 10 years ago. 5 years ago I switch services and am now in the the Air Force. The Army was kind enough to put me through my trade, fitter/machinist. I work as an armourer and mechanic. My passion is firearms, all shapes and sizes. Lately I've fallen more in love with smaller calibres mainly as they are cheaper to shoot LOL. Hunter, thanks to my job I've hunted all over Australia. Had some simply mind blowing hunts that the average bloke would never get to do. I'm involved in Legacy and The Shooters and Fishers political party. Married and have 2 young daughters.

Good morning, hello and thanks for having me.
My username is simply my cattle and horse brand spelled out (=2). I am a rancher, welder and houndsman living in northeastern Wyoming. Trapping has always held a passing interest for me, but other pursuits and projects have seemed to usually come first. Now though, I am trying to up my game as a houndsman in that I am concentrating my efforts and pursuits toward bobcats. They are more elusive and difficult to go after with the hounds, so I am hoping to gain a little more insight on them through trapping. There is no such thing as too much knowledge when it comes to hound hunting and bobcats.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell. I am looking forward to visiting with everyone.

Tex

Hi all, Im from south east Az, not a long time user of electronic calls but looking to start taking predator hunting seriously

Have a FoxPro which was a gift, and am always looking for good places to hunt. Got drawn for nothing this year so fur is the only thing Im hunting until next year

Might get up to the convention as well this year

Hello, my name is Tom I live in Northern Wisconsin, I have been lurking on this forum for quite awhile, I finally pulled the trigger on a entry level FoxPro, the inferno, looking forward to doing some hunting this winter, that is if Cabelas ever gets my caller off of backorder.

My name is Brock Jones from Sedan, Kansas. I'll just jump right into my back ground of hunting.

My Great grandfather was known for his wolf hunting capabilities in the area off horse back and hound, which the tradition carried down all the way to me, at the young age of 5 I killed my first coyote while on a deer hunt from that point on I was hooked on the predator hunting. It helped my father was a professional hunting guide for Whitetail.

When I was 12 years I traveled to northern Albany and took my 1st black bear. A few years later My father and I traded a whitetail hunt for 2 alligator hunts in Ocala, Florida. There I took a 11.5 ft gator with a browning micro adrenaline compound equipped with a bowfishing rig.

The next big accomplishment was back in 2011 my family and I traveled to Limpopo, South Africa on a month long hunt. The equipment that we took was our Hoyt bows. Once we arrived the guides suggested firearms on specific animals. I took a record book Kudu of 52 inches, a Gems buck that measured 41 inches, beautiful impala. I tried my hardest to kill a Zebra with a bow but believe me unless they are at watering hole they are extremely hard to spot in the bush. Over there predator calling is legal at night, I even got to experience that! We ended up calling in Vermit monkeys I took one that night. I have many stories of hunts from over there to tracking my fathers leopard he shot to getting attacked in a tower stand by rhinos.

Current day I own Kansas Coyote Callin Outlawz.

I specialize in predator calling now, I've created instagram, Facebook Page and a Group. I total approximately 4,800 hundred followers that increases daily. I guide fellow hunters on hunts to promoting competitions. It's a mix between blogging and getting my name out there in the industry. I do video my predator hunts. I have big big plans on getting ahead of the game with two new products no one has heard, seen or succesfully done. I've been working closely with a company producing a prototype, that I should I have in my hands with in the next weeks.

I get out every weekend and chase the Wiley coyot. Nowadays it's a second nature.

Only if I could figure out how to convince the wife I need to hunt every weekend lol

My name is Bret and I'm a brand new member here, I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking. Then about three years ago I moved out to the desert, I now live in Las Vegas, NV. I am 25, married and have a 2 year old boy. After the first two and a half years here we finally have all our finances squared away and I am able to slow down and start enjoying some recreational activities. I have been hiking lately but wanted to get back into hunting and try my hand at trapping for the first time. Anybody in the area that needs a partner or just wouldn't mind taking a buddy while hunting or trapping shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Time to check in I guess. Been lurking around bout a week now and I've tossed up a few posts and heck even threw up a comment or two on others. Names Steven I'm from Colorado, I'm 29 and been hunting my whole life (deer,elk,bear and little critters) Now looking to get into coyote hunting more seriously. Killed a couple in my days most by dumb luck but I'd rather be lucky then good, time to work on the getting good part with all the tips and advice from you smart people!!

Hello I'm new here but not new to hunting or forums. Names derek im from va. Im a beef and dairy farmer and am 30yo. I work for my dad on his farm and I love love love the outdoors and killing stuff haha. Look forward seeing y'all around take care

Howdy all, been peeking in on your fine site for several years now and decided to register. I have been reloading and predator hunting since the mid 70's, yeah I'm that old. I farm and ranch in Fisher County, Texas. Bar-D is my cattle brand. I coyote hunt every chance I get and it never gets old. I still get as excited to call one in as I did 40 years ago. I just built a 25-45 Sharps upper for one of my ARs and am in the process of working up a coyote load with it using Sierra's 70 gr. Blitzking. I hope to be able to learn and in some manner help others that do not have the years of experience I am fortunate to have amassed. I am certainly no expert but have picked up a thing or two over the years. I look forward to participating in the future.
Thanks,
Danny

I just joined today. My name is Mike, originally from Texas. I retired from the Army after 20 years, Black Hawk pilot(hence the name), spent 3 years as an Army Contract Instructor Pilot. I moved to Tucson in Aug '14. I fly an EMS helicopter in Douglas, AZ, spend a week at a time down here and then have a week off. My wife and I have finally gotten settled in enough that I am starting to hunt coyotes here in SE AZ. I did go on a prairie dog shoot in northern AZ last summer. All in all, we love AZ and I am looking forward to hunting coyotes next week when I get off of work.

Originally Posted By: bar-dHowdy all, been peeking in on your fine site for several years now and decided to register. I have been reloading and predator hunting since the mid 70's, yeah I'm that old. I farm and ranch in Fisher County, Texas. Bar-D is my cattle brand. I coyote hunt every chance I get and it never gets old. I still get as excited to call one in as I did 40 years ago. I just built a 25-45 Sharps upper for one of my ARs and am in the process of working up a coyote load with it using Sierra's 70 gr. Blitzking. I hope to be able to learn and in some manner help others that do not have the years of experience I am fortunate to have amassed. I am certainly no expert but have picked up a thing or two over the years. I look forward to participating in the future.
Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny glad to see your here------------skip

Back