Butt stocks, buffer tube, buffers, and buffer springs?

zr600

Ok im in the process of building my first lower. I want a colliseanble butt stocke that has a cheek riser on it what would u recomend? Also i what do i need for buffer tube, buffer, and spring?

You should go on UTube and watch videos. This will help a lot when you get ready to assemble a weapon. To me ( Building ) an Ar is nothing but Assembly. Watch the videos and it should help you grasp the assembly of an AR. Looking at a collapsible look at the Magpul PRS. An expensive stock but on an AR a good one. You will probably need a Milspec buffer tube carbine buffer.

You will need a carbine buffer tube spring and buffer Joeboboutfitters has a Spikes tactical kit with everything for a real good price as stock that not sure what would be good I use a Magpul CTR but it does not have a cheek riser.

Originally Posted By: zr600Well do u guys think a cheek riser is nessary im going to be running a 50 mm objective on the scop?

Not for me but everyone is different.

I doubt you will need a cheek riser. All the guns i have put together for myself and friends have used extra tall rings and clearing a 50mm scope isnt a issue.

Yes. Youtube is your best friend. Check out KAK parts. I have ordered a lot of great parts from them that are well built. PS This may be your first but won't be your last

A cheek riser shouldn't be necessary. Use a 1-Piece scope mount designed for an AR15 and you should get the proper eye height and eye relief.

You need to pick your stock first and then pick your stock kit to match. You likely will get a 6 position stock, and if so, I would get a Milspec version and get a Milspec Hardware Kit to match. A Magpul CTR, or Magpul ACS-L stocks are good options.

Ok next question on this this lower is going to be for a 22-24" barrel will a carbine kit work for me? Or do i need a a2 kit?

For a 22 or 24 inch barrel you may really not want a collapsible stock. For balance an a2 stock may be nice. Or the LuthAr stock, or magpul prs. But if you are going collapsible you need that collapsible stock buffer tube with the divots for the stock to work. That long of a barrel and the collapsible stock going to kinda be fighting each other. Maybe go with a folding stock if you want it shorter for travel. But the long barrel you are calling for tells me you are going for speed and accuracy. And that usually means a full stock to me. A shorter barrel and collapsible stock are what usually goes together. Are you going 556 on your first build? If so Id only go 20" barrel max.

No its going to be a 6x6.8 this is t my first ar i habe had carbines just the first build imstead of just buying one. Yes im going for speed and accuracy going to use it out to 600-700 yards for coyotes.

No not necessarily just thought it would have been nice. Was going to use a larue check riser on it just thought maybe the collisable stock would have been nice.

If you are using a collapsible stock you have to use a carbine length buffer, spring and tube. Fixed stocks are rifle length buffer, spring and tube. The buffer and tube can be used on any length gas system. Rifle length buffers and tubes are both longer as the tube comes to the back of the stock.

Ok so i was starting to think with the longer barrel that a carbine buffer wouldnt work right with the longer barreled upper. So to clear this all up i can run an carbine buffer tube spring assembly on the 24" barrel and and everything will run just fine right? I guess i just got confused i think.

Originally Posted By: zr600Ok so i was starting to think with the longer barrel that a carbine buffer wouldnt work right with the longer barreled upper. So to clear this all up i can run an carbine buffer tube spring assembly on the 24" barrel and and everything will run just fine right? I guess i just got confused i think.

Yes.

Back