17 Remington Upper

JakeM

Guys,

Other than going full custom, are there any sources for 17 Remington uppers out there?

Id love a Dtech, but I don't have the funds. I also read that 1x9 twist is the way to go for 25-30 grn bullets and most of the barrels I have come across are 1x10.

Id love any help, advice or heads up on 17 uppers for sale.

Thanks,
Jake

Nothing in a factory rifle that i am aware of. If you are a reloader I would look into a 17-223. My 22in BHW is shooting 25gr hornady hp at 4050fps.

I have one that I love. Wife got it for me for Christmas. Heck build one get black hole weaponry barrel. Might look at the 17-204 or 17-223 because of brass.

I would hang a blackhole barrel in 17-223 and have a blast..every blackhole barrel shoots way better than I can..and you wouldn't cry if you lost a piece or 2 of brass

Originally Posted By: bark+4 on the .17-223 barrel. I'm currently waiting for Ritch to send me one.

I git a 17-223 from Ritch last year and it is fun to shoot. Brass forming is easy. Accuracy is typical Black Hole performance with smiles of fun.

I also had Ritch build a 17 Remington a a few months ago. Good brass (REMINGTON) is almost impossible to find and I paid $72.00 + shipping/100 and it took me three hours to find it on the internet. Almost Lapua prices for non-Lapua brass. Not a good deal IMHO. Plus it has less capacity than the 17-223 and velocities aren't going to be any better than the homemade stuff.

Greg

I have a .17-.223 and a .204 Ruger. First, do you reload? If not, you can buy .204 Ruger ammo, and it will be a little more wind resistant than the .17-.223. Second, have you ever built an AR or are you willing to invest in the tools or learn how? If not, maybe you could find an Remington R15 in .204 Ruger. Custom upper are not cheap, and if you don't reload, pick your caliber carefully.

Originally Posted By: JakeMGuys,

Other than going full custom, are there any sources for 17 Remington uppers out there?

Id love a Dtech, but I don't have the funds. I also read that 1x9 twist is the way to go for 25-30 grn bullets and most of the barrels I have come across are 1x10.

Id love any help, advice or heads up on 17 uppers for sale.

Thanks,
Jake

We have some available.

Back