First of year/ South Ga.

Stonecreek

Hog hunted Monday and seen a lot of yote sign on a peanut field. Actually after shooting one hog and walking out seen 1 coyote just sitting on edge of field about 500 yards out. Well this area is not being deer hunted so yesterday took Caro and made an evening stand. Within 5 minutes had a coyote coming hard from about 300 yards out. Several irrigation ditches separated Caro from the grey yote and the biggest ditch has about an 8' drop due to the recent flooding down here. Had a hard wind in my face and the yote actually came out 200 yards behind me down wind. Caro was still working the edge of the ditch. Was filming with my Go Pro which is good for close stuff but not good for longer range footage. Which is unfortunate because the yote actually jumped up on a peanut hay bale to watch the dog and that would have been pretty cool to film. Did not think I could get the yote in much closed due to the wind blowing from me to him so I went ahead and busted him at 230 yards. Decent way to start the new year. A couple pics.
72eyki.jpg

2n1tfsk.jpg

izlsur.jpg

Made another run with Caro. Short drive from the house and talked to a bud on the phone about how pleased I was with the dog (bragging!) and what a great shot I had become at my advancing age!! Set up and in short order had a good grey coyote coming in on a string and like a jet there goes my lil BMC. The yote hangs a left and Caro keeps chasing and keeps chasing on and on ( no e-collar!!) I lose her on the Garmin at about 700 yards. Turn around a real nice tri colored yote is standing broad side at less than a hundred yards and I scope it and pull the trigger and completely blow the shot?? At the shot Caro rolls back in out of breath and pleased with all the fun she had. Lesson learned. A- quit bragging. B- Always e-collar the dog. C- Don't take for granted the short distance FOCUS.
Richard

Having a decent year. Not going as much as I would like but my ratio of hunts and kills have been good. Hunted yesterday and busted this male about 5 minutes into the hunt. Accidently hit the coyote serenade on the caller as I was getting up to check on the dog. Was standing there for a couple seconds thinking I done had a whole pack of yotes coming at me!!! Then realized it was my caller. The magazine in the pic is a contest where there is a monthly random cash winner for having your pic with it and the harvest.
2nro8si.jpg

Congrats, also carry the GON & a camera for the coyote cull contest.
Was skunked this AM, darn, but it was beautiful morning to be in the woods.

Made a stand Saturday morning and was able to take a young male using Fawn distress call. He first popped out around 600 yards and took forever to get within my shooting range stopping every hundred yards or so and sitting. Took him at 125 yards while the my dog was chasing a gaggle of geese on the other side of field.
hwd928.jpg

sg3ls0.jpg

Deer season is finally over. Made a stand and was able to call a little. Nice male came in with a little bit of daylight left. Fawn distress call. Problem was he would not commit and stalled in the brush next to field for almost 10 minutes. Finally gave me enough to make the shot. Heavy dog.
j7avig.jpg

Back