Coyote hunting in southern Nevada

Huntman

Hey all,
I am looking for all the southern Nevadans out there. I would love to meet up with some of you and go get some coyotes. I have a 4WD truck, a gun, and all the time in the world.

Thanks again

Hey there. I too am looking for a hunting buddy. I would like to get out and do sum dog hunts but I'm not to sure where to hunt. If you need a partner to tag along or help shoot or call I can. I have my own weapons and calls.

I'm also in the LV area and am trying to get started in this sport. My father is going to be here in a couple of weeks, and asked to do some coyote hunting while he is here.(He has the experience, just doesn't know the area) I spent most of the day yesterday scouting the Cold Creek area for a good spot. I'd love to have someone else to go out with either as a trial run before he gets here, or for more adventures and experience after he goes back home.

Dont over look the areas south of LV, just yesterday I called in a double around Searchlight, that whole area around Searchlight definitely produces some nice stands. Hey Huntman and Drewc shoot me a PM and lets make some plans!

Hi, I lived in Las Vegas for 40 years. Hunted every inch of Southern Nevada. I live in So Utah now. FYI www.nvpredatorhunters.com is having a calling contest this weekend starting I think Friday evening. Wish I could go but cant. Anyway I did some calling ( in anticipation of that hunt) on the far end of Kane springs road before it drops into Rainbow canyon. Lots of sigh. Lots coyotes answering my serenade call. In the desert water is life. Find the water you'll find the coyotes. Nevada F&G publishes a really good map of all the man made watering locations (guzzlers)in So Nevada. Good luck

I spent some time around Nipton/Searchlight to Vegas. We did ok, killed 3 in two days. There were massive chunks of ground south of Vegas that were fenced off and had No Shooting signs posted every few hundred yards. What's up with that?

I moved in 08 so I cant say for sure. I know that the BLM for has for years now has been ending public land cattle grazing permits and I see massive solar projects going up on that same land. Willing to bet that was a solar project.

Originally Posted By: utah yoteHi, I lived in Las Vegas for 40 years. Hunted every inch of Southern Nevada. I live in So Utah now. FYI www.nvpredatorhunters.com is having a calling contest this weekend starting I think Friday evening. Wish I could go but cant. Anyway I did some calling ( in anticipation of that hunt) on the far end of Kane springs road before it drops into Rainbow canyon. Lots of sigh. Lots coyotes answering my serenade call. In the desert water is life. Find the water you'll find the coyotes. Nevada F&G publishes a really good map of all the man made watering locations (guzzlers)in So Nevada. Good luck

Somebody stupid said something stupid on the internet and now the feds and local PD are all over it. Don't say stupid things on the net. Dont do stupid things in life. I guess they were right when they said YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! Trust me when I say we ARE being watched.

Wow, I'm in on that calling contest with my team mate. Hope it doesn't get cancelled? I know it was by invite and a little word of mouth only. Shhhhh!! BTW, any of you guys ever want out on a hunt for coyotes here in so. Vegas, pm me, I'm game, been hunting them for over 40 yrs, and usually I'm out 3-4 times a week! Or just post a reply? BTW, I'm not some "old" dude! Lol..

Last edited:
Hope you aren't calling me stupid. That would be rude considering the fact i found out about the hunt with 3 clicks on the net. If its such a big secret then keep the f-n thing secret. There is nothing illegal about hunting coyotes in that manner. The more we hide and skulk around the more we make it look like we are doing something illegal. [beeep]. Was just trying to pass along a lifetime of hunting locations to someone who ask.

Originally Posted By: utah yote Hope you aren't calling me stupid. That would be rude considering the fact i found out about the hunt with 3 clicks on the net. If its such a big secret then keep the f-n thing secret. There is nothing illegal about hunting coyotes in that manner. The more we hide and skulk around the more we make it look like we are doing something illegal. [beeep]. Was just trying to pass along a lifetime of hunting locations to someone who ask.

You are so off base. That is unless you are the one that mentioned hunting coyotes in city limits, in a no shooting/hunting zone, and advocating using a suppressor to do so on an internet site. If that is the case then yes, I'm calling you stupid.
Now please unwad your panties.

I must be missing something. When I hunt I try to get as far away from civilization as possible.
Hope I didn't cause any issues for the upcoming event. Good luck.

My comment had nothing to do with you or anything you posted. I only quoted your post for the fact that what I was posting was in reference to the hunt you mentioned. Nothing more.

I wouldn't worry, I'm going in, spoke with the event holder, I will with hold the name, but it's on! Last year 4 yotes tied for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We only managed two :-(

Last edited:
Man i called in 2 in 3 stands friday night. and my freaking charger took a crap on me so my rifle light was...well... less then optimal and I couldn't ID the animals @ 200 yards. was fun to see those eyes light up about 800 yards away and just charge straight in hard and fast with my hand held light. 99% sure yote but i wont take a shot on an animal i cant ID. Maybe next year ill sign up and actually do some ground pounding. also lost the remote to my e caller LOL... what a crappy way to start the year.

so any updates on how the event went?

Originally Posted By: HuntmanHey all,
I am looking for all the southern Nevadans out there. I would love to meet up with some of you and go get some coyotes. I have a 4WD truck, a gun, and all the time in the world.

Thanks again

Im always looking to get out, have posted the same message as you but no takers. Weekdays are best, but any day will work.
Paul

Originally Posted By: CBRdream21I'm also in the LV area and am trying to get started in this sport. My father is going to be here in a couple of weeks, and asked to do some coyote hunting while he is here.(He has the experience, just doesn't know the area) I spent most of the day yesterday scouting the Cold Creek area for a good spot. I'd love to have someone else to go out with either as a trial run before he gets here, or for more adventures and experience after he goes back home.

Im always looking to get out, have posted the same message as you but no takers. Weekdays are best, but any day will work.
Paul

im in kingman az area. been wanting to hunt Nevada I have a big hunt coming up in about two weeks but I don't know the area so I was gonna hold off til I figured it out over there. also I don't really have anyone to hunt with here a lot I usually go alone so if any of you want to hook up and hunt here or there that would be great just let me know.

Originally Posted By: rfultz1im in kingman az area. been wanting to hunt Nevada I have a big hunt coming up in about two weeks but I don't know the area so I was gonna hold off til I figured it out over there. also I don't really have anyone to hunt with here a lot I usually go alone so if any of you want to hook up and hunt here or there that would be great just let me know.

You have some really good areas to hunt just over the mountain between Kingman and just before you go over the hill into the river bottom. I use to hunt there before AZ raised their licence fees.

Back