Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2908902 - 01/07/16 07:07 PM Flash of Flame
Wile E Coyotie Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Dirtspot Saskatchewan

Funny how things go through your head in predawn light- The Rooster Pheasant in front of me broke from the path i waz sneaking on -it -took-on the run across the frozen river surface-it is just a dark silhouette and covered the 20 yard open run in a flash- against the fresh 5 inches of snow- I figured for sure I could get a shot had I had my little 20ga- instead of over my shoulder 16 lbs of Swift-

I had stashed the Tacoma into the irrigation ditch- Toyota Tuff- and made my way across the creek bed - through the red willows and onto a field open for 260 degrees of the compass --I have called hear before so going in with little lite on frozen river/creek surface for first light session i am comfortable with - the wind that can get going after day light can be worry and so after strongly advising myself all is in order i settled into my nest after taking time to set up the Box- 60 yrds out front with mojo spinning-

I have to sit while -? --for good light-- I have one theory -you gotta be smarter than the coyote- I finger the switch on the TX500 and select Pheasant in distress -
- I bring the volume up just so I can start to hear it - I really like the rush you get when the call starts to play - I don't use the the Pheasant often - but it sounds very good -and that excitement ball of near sick feeling wells up -- it can last a few mins -if your not interrupted by a hair ball streaking past you at 50 mph.

Here now down the edge of the field i can see a white yote standing-- time on the clock says 3.50 mins- I have taken the time to pre range the field and know he is inside 150 yrds
I do not want to move at first and stare at him for about 20 seconds- he is totally watching the Mojo-I have to pivot 90 degrees and center on him - he never took his eyes off the mojo- and stood there too long - with a flash of flame- # 982- adult male - white sable white- day lite -

I got the GOV call to help out at the sheep ranch - seem like there was some sheep severed up on Christmas eve and then again on New ys eve - cuz the coyotes were hungry-

I made sure that the rancher put his GIANT sheep doggs -away-- for my own protection- good grief this dog Goliath -stares down on me -and he hates me -cuz i smell like coyote once in the past-I would not get out of the truck in front of him - never--mayb with big stick -- regardless - the doggs are busy barking every night -all night- and they work hard against a very effective enemy so they deserve respect--he walks right up to the truck door and looks down into the window barking at me-- he is all black and the hackles are standing up between his should blades - looks like a mule
-as planned by phone conversation the night before all is good in the yard -i am happy to see there r no lights on at headquarters and no dogs barking - just sheep everywhere--as I pass through the yard without ruckuss--sheep up to the bumper-

Its early and with one in the bag - I have a plan for a 2nd set up -and within 15 mins - I am set up on S/e Quarter from farm- -I have some concerns not having total control on my wind - but about 35 seconds into it - i had 2 in front hard charging- at about 20 yrds the one out front took it square on #983 female sable sable white- I swung the rifle the direction of the departing other and rolled him -#894 - subadult male- sable sable white - he managed to get his legs back and make the creek bottom -leaking real bad to trail head

feeling real good about it - i picked up and hurried along to get another set up in -- down towards the south nearly out of road i set up by the cows and a stack of feed-
I parked the Tacoma and sat there had a little lunch and by 11:30 made my way to my nest - I have the box hanging in the only tree 60 yrds out-

Lots of Pheasants around so back to being smarter than the coyote theory -i select Pheasant in distress and sit on the swale rim with commanding view-- i watch as about 5 mins into it a group of magpies are harassing something --I know what this means - I am hoping Kitty Cat please -but - as they move I adjust my Bipod-- @ 15 mins -i catch a movement and sure enough here he comes for sure- slow and cautious but already inside the death zone- he closes to about 100 yrds - then starts to go for the wind - i cannot let this happen and give him a loud command bark -- no more sheep for him -DRT- #985 adult male white golden sable

I put in 3 more set ups to finish the day with 4- I did MT my gun late in the day - 4 rnds into the dirt- on a big Black Dogg who went for my wind at 350 yrds - his lucky day

Edited by DesertRam (01/18/16 05:51 PM)

#2908960 - 01/07/16 08:36 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
ABFurtaker Offline

Loc: Alberta Canada
Those are some great coyotes!! And an even better story! Congrats!

#2909028 - 01/07/16 10:27 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Dewey NY Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: New York
Beautiful coyotes.. Great write up and pictures. It made me feel like I was sitting off to your side watching it all transpire.. Congrate.

#2909053 - 01/07/16 11:01 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Kollincoyote Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southern MN
Great day and great story again!!
Keep an eye out for that big dog!

Thanks for sharing

#2909092 - 01/08/16 12:09 AM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Lodgepole Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: montana
Good shooting ,nice pale ones.

#2909117 - 01/08/16 01:31 AM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
Uhh ohh... Your back scared

Switching gears back to coyotes?

#2909363 - 01/08/16 01:42 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Snowshoes Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Central Alberta
A great read and some very fine looking coyotes!

#2909397 - 01/08/16 02:43 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Muckwa Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Northern Saskatchewan Canada
You sure can tell a story. Beauty looking coyotes.
Cheers
Muckwa

#2909649 - 01/08/16 10:40 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Darrel Wyton Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Central Alberta
Great pictures,Good stories,Well detailed. Glad you are back.

#2909776 - 01/09/16 11:19 AM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
duckstopper Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: MA
Nice fur. You make it sound too easy. lol

#2909777 - 01/09/16 11:19 AM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
luder Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Wisconsin
Great write up and pics, congrats. I enjoyed reading that...

#2910065 - 01/09/16 08:33 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Doc25 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Good hunting. Really pale coyotes.

#2910074 - 01/09/16 08:43 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Sask trapper Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
They should bring some good $$$

#2910570 - 01/10/16 06:58 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
lockrotor Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Central WI
outstanding day of hunting

#2910592 - 01/10/16 07:24 PM Re: Flash of Flame [Re: Wile E Coyotie]
Cranesville Hunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: WV
Awesome day of hunting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.