Newfoundland yotes normal or something more?

Newfboy

A Girl from the island took this one with a .22Lr today...looks a bit different then a usual yote!!...

A gentleman snared this one I believe!

And another guy shot this one nice colour!

Last edited:
That's a monster. I would have to say some wolf for sure.
thumbup.gif

Do they howl and bark funny too. The couple Newfies I met I couldn't understand a dang thing they said.
Monster coyotes for sure.

They sure look like a cross to me.
Here is what I believe to of been a cross that a I shot 3 years ago. He was almost double the weight of any coyote I have ever shot and roughly 1-1/2 x's bigger. He absorbed the 38 gr. hollow point from the 204 and required a second shot to put him down.

Did it have a collar on it? Lol. You may just have an odd colour variation. Maybe wolf? Did you board it on a standard coyote stretcher? If so how long is it from nose to tip of tail?

Originally Posted By: Doc25Did it have a collar on it? Lol. You may just have an odd colour variation. Maybe wolf? Did you board it on a standard coyote stretcher? If so how long is it from nose to tip of tail?
When I hung this one in the shed along side the five coyotes that were already there, it dwarfed them. With them all hanging the same way, the last ones head was on the floor and the others were 18"-24" above.
My skinner at the time said he used the biggest coyote stretcher he had and made it work. In hind sight, I wish I would have weighed and taken measurements. Too small for a wolf and a tad big for a western coyote
crazy.gif

The girl who shot the big coyote in the top picture also killed this one a few days before..same little .22LR.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doc25To be honest those ones look like western yotes. See what they grade at auction.

Yes the light ones do seem to be no difference then western or mid-central coyotes ..but those larger dark ones with short snouts and small ears ..which are appearing more and more seem to be totally different ..either they are part wolf or part dog..not everyone hunts them for fur ..most just hunt them for the 25.00 reward or for the sport.

Hope you guys don't mind me posting pictures of coyotes I find unusual ...anyways a guy submitted this one the other day ..of a coyote ..I'm on two minds about it...it's either coyote steroidicus or photoshopped lol!

Originally Posted By: rpc55The last pic looks like a normal coyote to me?
That girl is a heck of a shot with her .22LR!! Awesome!

Yes she sets up over bait ..head shots at 35 yards open sights ..the very first picture on page one is hers too!!

Originally Posted By: NewfboyOriginally Posted By: rpc55The last pic looks like a normal coyote to me?
That girl is a heck of a shot with her .22LR!! Awesome!

Yes she sets up over bait ..head shots at 35 yards open sights ..the very first picture on page one is hers too!!

Good on her! I hope she keeps slaying them!

Originally Posted By: Doc25To be honest those ones look like western yotes. See what they grade at auction.

Stow aways from Fort Mac!

A resident just got this one done at the taxidermist...DNR said it was part coyote/wolf ..id hesitate on shooting an animal like this for obvious reasons..lol!

Back