wicked 403 ic or coyote light

mo-coonhunter

I have a question for all you night hunters.Which light do you believe is brighter?I had a coyote light once and just looked through the wicked and i thought the coyote light was brighter,just curious what you guy's thought.

It depends on whether you want to pay $430 for the coyote light or 1/3 that for the wicked, which is an absolutely awesome light for the money. It is as bright, or brighter than other lights that are much, much more $$. It is focusable and has either 3 brightness settings or can use the dimmer switch. IMO, you can't beat it.

Don't sleep on the sniper hawg light either, neck in neck with the wicked not overpriced like the coyote light. Great on battery life and love the adjustable flood beam.

Below is a link to a picture on our resources page. It shows CoyoteLights beam and the Wicked 402's beam. Our light produces a square that is 3 times larger down range than Wickeds, and it is also brighter. The pictures were taken at 120 yds. This is very important for filling you scope or scanning at distances.

http://www.coyotelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC_0493.jpg

Other differences are
-We do not dim with usage, we stay at almost full brightness the whole time we are turned on.
-Fully focusable with only 1/2 inch turn of the lens shield.
-Fully dimmable with a fully dimmable remote rheostat as an accessory.
-Extreme battery life. 5.5 hrs on high with red and I get on average 30 hrs of hunting time out of a single charge in mixed farm land.
-Lifetime warrenty on the housing and five years on internal components.
-Designed and made completely in the USA.
-Solid/sturdy pic a tiny mounting system.

....and don't forget the CoyoteLight is ALWAYS perfectly aligned with your scope when using the supplied scope mount. Never have to adjust, just tighten and go. Rock solid!

Originally Posted By: danthefoxmanDon't sleep on the sniper hawg light either, neck in neck with the wicked not overpriced like the coyote light. Great on battery life and love the adjustable flood beam.
Before I made the switch to thermal and NV, I had (key word "had") a Sniper Hawg, for 1 night. I sent it back and bought the Coyote light.
Yes the Coyote light is expensive. Yes, it is worth the price IMO.
Either you are willing to settle for a clunky Chinese light, with a clunky gimmicky mount, or you want the best. It's your choice.

Originally Posted By: hunterknapp16It depends on whether you want to pay $430 for the coyote light or 1/3 that for the wicked, which is an absolutely awesome light for the money. It is as bright, or brighter than other lights that are much, much more $$. It is focusable and has either 3 brightness settings or can use the dimmer switch. IMO, you can't beat it.
Agree...Wicked is an awsome and reasonably priced light...great burntime...home and auto charger..and great battiers...Rusty

I would have to disagree completely there I felt that the coyote light definitely didn't feel like a swiss time piece and for the additional money I would have expected better. For the claims at increased brightness I am just a simple predator hunter not a nasa scientist. The light lets me identify easily at plenty of distance for night hunting. The mounts are inexpensive and I have one on all the predator guns in my safe so light goes on just as easy as the coyote light. Sniper hawg light puts plenty of fur down for me with no issues. Rather spend that extra $$$ on ammo to feed these fox killing machines.

Just mounted the coyotelight this season after using china made lights. It is a quality piece of equipment & USA made ! Looking forward to many years of enjoyment from it.

Can't compare it to the above lights mentioned as i got sick of spending many $ on others so after many PM's to members on here that owned the coyotelight and reading many reviews i bought USA made because i found only positive responses for this piece of equipment.

If you want a cheap light, buy one.

I just got my coyote light this past week! Great 1st impression it is built like a tank! Build solid! Bright!

I have a lot of lights but this one is by far the highest quality! Well worth the money!

Built Marine proof!

Buy nice or buy twice!

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but not that old. I am looking right now for a light and thought I had settled on the Wicked brand. This thread has me wondering about the coyote light but I am not sure how you guys scan with a gun mounted light. My thought was to get the package of Wicked that had two lights. One for scanning and the other to mount. I don't really see scanning with a gun mounted light. Curious how you guys scan with the gun mounted Coyote Light? If the answer is buy two, might as well look into night vision.

I use a much cheaper head mount scan light. NOBODY scans with their gun, at least I hope not. Either hand held or head light. It doesn't take a lot of light to see eyes.

Mine has low/med/high settings. I would prefer one with a rheostat but they didn't have them then. They do now. Contact the light guys on here they are very helpful.

best head lamp for scanning Wicked ScanPro for distance performance & catching eyes with a head lamp

best head lamp for scanning thats quality made Night Eyes second only to the ScanPro for distance

best gun light for shooting & distance performance along with quality made Coyote light.....good luck!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Back