CZ 527 .223, What twist rate is it, 1 in 9 or 1 in 12?

Fox

Hi all,
I might be getting a CZ .223 new (04 stamp) in the next month.
Just wanted to know what the twist rate was.
Is it 1 in 9 or 1 in 12?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I just bought a 527 in 223, but don't know what the twist is as I've not measured it. Just looked in the owner's manual, and it doesn't say. But, mine shoots 45 grain bullets very well, 3/8" for three shots at 100.
Hopefully someone will post what twist it is, or you can call CZ in KC and asked them.
Don

The CZ's are 1 in 12. However, they shoot so well with anything that you would swear they are 1 in 9! I have shoot from 45 to 69!!! gr w/ incredible accuracy. Hope y'all enjoy yours as much as I do mine, just ordered the 6.5 X 55 in 550 American.

Guys, it will be a 1 in 12. The 1 in 8 twist is the best I have seen in the .223's and 1 in 9 is the worst for accuracy with a large variety of factory loads. I have 1 in 8's on all of my .223's and they shoot everything well. I have 3 or 4 of the CZ's and they all shoot really well. The single set trigger is what makes them great shooters.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.
Its good to know if i get one that i can shoot most brands of factory ammo with it.
Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, I believe the CZ 223's come with both twists. The American, with the light barrel is 1-12, and I believe the varmint tube is 1-9. At least it used to be this way, as there are a lot of 1-9 CZ take off barrels out there. -John

Back