Problem with a new Inferno.

Shellhammer

Hello, I am experiencing what appears to be a small glitch between the remote and receiver, after the initial sound I select, if I select another, i have to push mute or mess with the volume before the sound will emit from the receiver, even though the remote shows that the sound is selected. Is this a common occurrence?

Thanks

The Inferno is so new that I don't have any answers for you. Are you starting out with fully charged batteries in both the Inferno and the remote? Are you holding the remote properly? How far away from the ecaller are you testing?

What you are describing doesn't sound like normal operation on any FoxPro ecaller.

Batteries are not the issue, range appears to not make a difference with the problem, dont know how I could hold the remote wrong if the antennae is pointing at the receiver 30 yds away. It is not a huge problem, however it is an annoyance.

Last edited:
Yes, the remote works to select the sound, and it even shows that i selected the sound. However it makes me change the volume or mute it before emitting from the speaker.

If that is the case, something can't be normal. I'd call FoxPro right away. The reason I asked all the questions is I have had guys say that a particular ecaller isn't working right, and found out they were either using alkaline batteries, were pointing the remote directly at the ecaller like a t.v. remote, and a variety of things.

My grandson was guilty of 3 or 4 things with his Hellfire. I got him squared away and he has no problems now.

Originally Posted By: possumalIf that is the case, something can't be normal. I'd call FoxPro right away. The reason I asked all the questions is I have had guys say that a particular ecaller isn't working right, and found out they were either using alkaline batteries, were pointing the remote directly at the ecaller like a t.v. remote, and a variety of things.

My grandson was guilty of 3 or 4 things with his Hellfire. I got him squared away and he has no problems now.

Sounds good, I will double check everything again. Thank you for the help Possumal.

I checked mine, when you select the sound it immediately begins playing. While the sound was playing I could change the sound simply by selecting a different sound and pressing the select button in the middle of the remote. The only exception to that was when I had muted the caller, then no matter what sound I selected it remained on mute until I deactivated the mute using the remote. What firmware version do you have? It tells you as soon as you turn on the remote.

Just got 8 new batteries, I think the ones I am using in it now are at least a year old.
We will see if the new batteries and or charger make a difference. Thanks

Shellhammer you haven't stated whether you are using rechargeable batteries or not. If they are not then you'll find your Inferno just won't perform well. It's rechargeable batteries all the way with a caller like that.

Battery issues are the most common problems people report. Good rechargeables and a good charger are about as important as the ecaller itself. Many times, people order in a new ecaller and a set of the rechargeables and the charger, but assume that since the batteries are new, they must be full charged and ready to go. Wrong! Most times it will take your charger 4 hours or more to bring them to full charge. Another good point to remember is that when you first take them off the charger, and put them into your ecaller, if they are still pretty warm, your ecaller may not work until they cool down enough. The FoxPro ecallers are equipped with a protective element to protect them.

Did you get this figured out? I've got a pretty new Inferno and it is doing a very similar thing. Will play along fine some of the time, but every few times I start it no sound comes out even though it is showing like a sound is playing. Can switch between sounds, mute/un-mute, etc and it doesn't do anything until I raise the volume up almost to max, then suddenly it will come back on and play. It's done it with a couple different sets of batteries and I've walked up to it and turned it on/off and that seems to be the only thing that has got it playing again.

My wildfire 2 did this, but the foxbang with hurt pup would start going off for no reason...i traded it last year and have been looking for a new caller since...looks like they havent solved the issue with the new remote..i think thats the only upgrde from the wildfire2 to the inferno...i guess i will habe to spend the $ and get atleadt a banshee.

Back