Need new loads for 6.8 spc

AzDiamondHeat

I am switching over my 6.8 from a deer rifle to a coyote rifle. I currently have some TTSX 95gr, 110gr vmax, 90 gr sierra HP and some 110 gr sierra pro hunters.

I will be loading with H322 and AA2200.

Which of these combos have you used with success for coyotes?

16" AR. Don't remember the twist, but I THINK it is a 1:10.

Most shot opportunities will be 50-300yds with the OCCASIONAL longer(but not focused on that long range shot).

I use my 6.8 more for coyotes than for deer. I have quite a few of the factory Hornady's with the 110 VMax that shoot very good, and they are a very accurate load. I also reload using the Sierra 110 ProHunters and the 90 HP. The 110 ProHunters are what I use for deer, and I will use either the Vmaxs or the 90 HP's for coyotes. I am using 322 powder for everything.

I shoot the 95 ttsx and use aa2200 with great success. Lots of confirmed load data out there for your barrel I'm sure. I have an 18 inch barrel with a 1-11 twist.

Best of luck

I don't use those powders, but my 6.8 deer/predator rifle loves the 90 gr. Sierra HPs. I checked zero after lending this rifle to my son, for deer hunting, and the final check group was .5 MOA. The 90 gr. Sierras are not fur friendly, but very accurate. I am not sure how they shoot in my 1:10 twist rifle, since that rifle is pulling HDR duties, with 110 gr. VMax loads. The deer/predator rifle has a 1:11.25 barrel, and does shoot 90/95 gr. bullets accurately. It also likes the Speer 90 gr. TNT HPs, too. Almost an identical POI, in the same load as the Sierras. I also shoot the 95 gr. TTSX loads, for deer, and it also shoots sub-MOA.

My powders of choice, in the 6.8 are RL-7, and RL-10x.

Squeeze

Back