Savage 12FV 204 ruger 3 Amazing Groups

catbegone

Yesterday the gun shot a .288 group with 27.3 gr. IMR 4895 and today it shot 2 better groups with 10x 25.1 gr. .263 group and IMR 8208XBR powder 27.1 gr. .236 group. Here is a picture of all 3 5 shot groups at 100 yards. My buddys bed job must have been great on the stock.All groups with sierra 39 gr. blitz king bullets

Now you're just showing off!
thumbup1.gif

Seriously, so many people have no idea just how well a stock Savage will shoot. I have shot 5 shot 100 yard groups with mine that you could not push a pencil through without tearing the paper. Out of the box.

Now go out and get you a few critters with that thing!

First, darn fine shooting. Forget the gun right now, you are obviously capable. Second, the rifle is also showing you that it is shooting quite nice!!!

Three 5-shot bugholes with three different loads is awfully dang nice!!
And it's some mighty fine shooting anywhere you go!
thumbup1.gif

Three fine groups that all group within an inch of each other. Awesome insurance for another powder crunch. You will have a shooter that is flexable.

Originally Posted By: ilmoHow far off the lands? What is o.a.l.? What brass? Anneal? Neck turn? Thanks!

The col is 2.360 norma brass not annealed and not neck turned. Don't know on the lands as don't have anything to measure it.

Congrats! Gotta love a rifle that is capable of that....puts your confidence through the roof. Helps you have the right nut on the butt also. That rifle and shooter combo is what dreams are made of.

That firearm is junk. Missed the center of the target every time. Sell it to me immediately !!! At a low price of course !!!! Joking aside, superb shooting

Originally Posted By: catbegoneOriginally Posted By: ilmoHow far off the lands? What is o.a.l.? What brass? Anneal? Neck turn? Thanks!

The col is 2.360 norma brass not annealed and not neck turned. Don't know on the lands as don't have anything to measure it.

Very nice groups! Now go buy the tools needed to measure how far off the lands so it can be repeated repeatedly.
Then measure the OAL on the ogive.

Back