Alabama ROLL CALL for coyotes, please check in and say HI !!

They are out there boys. Got this one Thursday morning with bay bee cottontail. About eight minutes of calling. Gonna write up a full story when I get a chance.

we've had a few teaser days of really nice temps but it's still generally on the hot side. Shouldn't be that long now, though.

By eight it was mid 70's and with all the hill climbing I was nice and toasty. But the mornings have been nice at low 60's here. You can get in a couple of stands before it starts heating up.

Originally Posted By: whitey21They are out there boys. Got this one Thursday morning with bay bee cottontail. About eight minutes of calling. Gonna write up a full story when I get a chance.

This is killing me I live in Pensacola Florida and can't start coyote hunting until November 11th which is when small game season roles around. So I have to pick either hunt deer or coyotes and coyotes are knocking at the door.....

Attaboy whitey !!!
thumbup.gif

I've shot two in the past month on a cattle farm. One was 441yds with my .223 and the other was this past Saturday at 209yds with my new custom built 22-243 Winchester.
We have more success in the warmer months to pattern them just lay and wait. Once it turns cold we will start calling again.

Wiffed on a double today. Felt like I hit the first one. Thought I saw him fall so I swung to the next one and missed it outright. Went to retrieve the first one and no signs of anything. I don't know if I missed or had a splash or made a poor shot and it got up. Oh well.

Brian and I got out today. Made a few stands even with it misting. About 9ish he howled and got a pack fired up. We went to pup distress and waited but nothing. So we shifted over to a small clearing and setup again. He howled again and they started yipping. Another minute or so of pup and still nothing. So he went into snow shoe hair. After a minute or so she came walking in and I let the air out of her. Good day.

Back