First reloading experience

CountryWildcat

[img:center]http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0IcsWLFs2ZM2E9[/img]

This is the only picture I have taken of my targets while developing a load for my Savage 111 in .30-06.

I picked a 168 gr SMK because of great reviews. My dad had some old IMR4350 and Federal primers laying around so it was esy to get started.

This is a three shot group, 58.0 gr IMR4350. This is the best group I have ever shot out of this rifle. With factory ammunition I struggled sometimes to keep the groups under 2".

I have been reading this site for a couple years gleaning info from the experts and I want to say thanks for convincing me to start reloading and unleash more of my rifles and my potential.
I am still just starting out but it's fun and I can't wait to learn more.

That is a whole lot better than my starting loads. Rifles may have improved a bit, I may have been shaking a bit wondering "am I sure I did everything right?", and I most likely just am not as good a shooter, but my first 308 loads went into 1.3" or so.

I've gotten better at reloading since then, and better at shooting, and with age I have learned sometimes to follow my brother's good advice ...

"Why do you need it to shoot inside of an inch, as long as it shoots inside of a deer?"

Your off to a good start. There are a lot of good safe reloaders here. Questions are always free. I do hope you worked up from the published starting load, as your pretty hot. Watch out for cratered primers and a sticky bolt. This is a old pet load, actually one grain hotter, that many on here have used for years. It usually shines at near max.

Back