Stiller action question

Tim Neitzke

I seem to have a problem.... The more I learn the more I forget.
blushing.gif

At one time I knew this answer.....

Action inletting : Are the Stiller and the Rem 700 the same inlet ?

I believe so,but....

Im curious too. I think I read they were. Are you thinking a build on one? Wich one?

Im thinking I would like one on a light hunting rig!

I researched this for a NOS customer not long ago and I can't for the life of me remember. I could find out easily,but I figured this would be a good post to help others in the future.

Tug,
While I've just used 700's in the past I'd like to have one custom action just because. Not sure when, bud's are steering me to a Stiller Tac action.

I think they are except for the straight bolt handle inlet, vs. the swept back handle on the 700. but of course ask someone who knows for sure before ordering anything.

Unless they've changed , there not completly straight.

This is an HS stock , which is a Rem inlet.
I'll have to ask Terry (220swift), it's his rig. I think I asked him before.
blush.gif

b7476de8bf0cb25069a3f2ad10944780_zps0154935d.jpg

Guys, this is what the Stiller site says:

Any Remington Model 700
pattern trigger and stock will fit
this action. The magazine cutout
for the short actions is extended 0.130 on the Predators, but not the TACS.
Wyatt Outdoors
or HS Precision
boxes will fit. Standard off the f
eed lip style boxes are recommend for all
actions. If you don’t use the extended boxes
in the Predator, glue in the little half moon
aluminum piece behind the box to fill in the
space. The scope bases
required are 2 front
bases for a Model 700. Standard one-piece bases
will not fit. SPF has recoil lugs available
that use the pin in the front of the actions to re
tain it in place. SPF also has scope bases and
is working on bottom metal and other accessories.

Something is making me think the bolt handle angle might be a little different but I'm not sure about that.

See, that's what happens when you're old and type too slow!
lol.gif

Last edited:
I have a tac 300 and a tac 338, both are drop ins. One to a manners 5 and the other to a chassis, only issue is that they are rough for about 2-300 rounds. Both rifles are lasers.

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke
Tug,
While I've just used 700's in the past I'd like to have one custom action just because. Not sure when, bud's are steering me to a Stiller Tac action.

I'm in the same boat. I think I might be leaning more towards the predator over the tac. I may have a light hunting rifle built.

Inlet is the same other than action port has angles vs the straight cut on the 700 action.

Only difference in the predator and tac 30 are the coating, 8-40 base screws in the tac and the mag cut in the predator being a little longer.

Tim, look close around the port inlet and the bolt inlet..... You will see the difference, either action will fit in either inlet. just a couple minor cosmetics that not just everyone would ever notice ...

Remington Action in a Remington inlet

Remington Action in a Remington inlet

Remington Action in a Stellar inlet

Tac 30 in a stellar inlet

Biggest difference I see is how Kevin illustrated above thr back cut on the stiller is at a angle and remmys are both straight. Looks as though it still fits just fine.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSBiggest difference I see is how Kevin illustrated above thr back cut on the stiller is at a angle and remmys are both straight. Looks as though it still fits just fine.

The fits is fine, just a minor cosmetic that the average joe would never notice
wink.gif
wink.gif
The picture's make it look worse than it really is also...

Back