Vortex Razor HD Binoculars

The Razor HD's are no better than the Meopta HD (cabelas euro?), Conquest HD, which can be had for less money. You really need to get them all in your hand and up to eyes (outdoors of course). That can be a chalenge in most places.

Try the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD ED Prime 10x32, about $220 on Amazon, they are at least as good as Talon or Vortex. I bought Talons and sent them back, there are several great things about the Bushnells.

Actually I got mine last year at about this time with a $100 cash back from Bushnell, so I got them for $120, they list at over $500 and would be an excellent buy at that.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneThe Razor HD's are no better than the Meopta HD (cabelas euro?), Conquest HD, which can be had for less money. You really need to get them all in your hand and up to eyes (outdoors of course). That can be a chalenge in most places.

Very true. I have field tested each and will easily pick the Euro as the best.

I tested the Talons that James mentioned as well, they get an honorable mention. The Bushy mentioned are quite good for the price, but will never rival the Euro or Razors IME.

Originally Posted By: Bigred99I've got a pair of Vortex Talon 10x42 HD. They are just as good and a lot better price!

They are not "just as good". The Razor easily beats them in both full light resolution and low light. I was counting tines on a 4X5 mule deer at 400 yards at 0530 with the Razors, the Talons took another 20 minutes to be clear enough to count the tines. This was a direct, side by side comparison. The talons are awesome for their price point, but they are not on the same tier as the Razors.

I've been sort of a glass junkie over the last 6-7 years. This includes Vortex (razor), Cabela's Euro, Lecia BN, Swarovski SLC & EL. If you can get the Razors at 40% off retail then go for it, but if your paying full price then buy the Euro's or a used pair of SLC's. The Razors are ok if you can find a rippin deal but dollar for dollar I would buy a gently used pair of SLC's. And you will always get your money back off a pair of Swarovski's. That can't be said for the other brands.

I went from a pair of razor hd 10x50s to the cabelas euro hd 10x42 (meopta meostar hd). I have tons of vortex products and love them but for the money the euro hd's are better in almost every way.

Also the talon hd isn't in the same ballpark as the razor hd, not sure how bigred99 got that impression.

Originally Posted By: Bigred99I've got a pair of Vortex Talon 10x42 HD. They are just as good and a lot better price!

Bhwahahaha!!! They are not even close. Quit smoking the wacky tobacky!!!

I have the Vortex Vipers HD and will have a set of the Razors HD this next year. My Vipers are nice but not even close to the Razors.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI have the Vortex Vipers HD and will have a set of the Razors HD this next year. My Vipers are nice but not even close to the Razors.

Take a good hard look at the Cabela's Euro too, Rob. They are optically better than the Razors...and approx. the same price.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI have the Vortex Vipers HD and will have a set of the Razors HD this next year. My Vipers are nice but not even close to the Razors.

Take a good hard look at the Cabela's Euro too, Rob. They are optically better than the Razors...and approx. the same price.

I'll check them out Shane

Back