What to expect from the DPMS Oracle?

Rubenator

Just put a DPMS Oracle on layaway. 308 caliber, 16 inch barrel, dust shield, forward assist, and its a flat top. I was just curious at what to expect in the accuracy department? I do hand load but will not shy away from good factory ammo. I own two AR 15's and have been very pleased with their performance on the range. Paid $800 by the way for the gun. Thanks.

DPMS has a nasty habit of affording pretty decent accuracy straight out of the box, even with factory ammo. I've got the LoPro Classic in .223 and it's a pretty sweet shooting little gun. Put an adjustable stock on it, and dropped a Timney trigger in it, it just got sweeter yet! You'll be pleased with it.

I have 3 DPMS uppers (all 223) and they all shot under MOA out of the box. Two are 16" bulls and the other is the Oracle upper. Can't speak about the 308 uppers but I would expect similar results.

I have 2 of the DPMS Sporticals in .308. The one I've fired prints just about 1" groups +/- at 100yds with regular Magtech 150grn FMJ ammo. The other was is still in the box as it came from the store. I also have a PSA upper on a billet lower that I'm still trying to find a load for. I had a Bushmaster BR308 that printed under an inch regularly with match ammo.

I'd buy another DPMS or Bushmaster.

A buddy of mine bought a .308 Oracle on sale. He is getting right around one MOA out of the box with his reloads. Not bad for the price, especially with such a poor trigger.

Back