Redding reloading equipment.

A guy can drive a Nash or he can drive a Cadillac across the country. Both can get you there but oh what a difference in the ride.

Greg

Redding products are superb ! I use both RCBS and Redding ,.. Nothing wrong w RCBS ,.. But it seems I always gravitate to the fit and finish of Redding. They also offer a built in loading block in their die boxes,... Not really critical but shows forethought. Just my opinion. Thank you.

I have traded all my dies to Redding, Exept for my 17 Rem, thats a Forster. I dig the type s bushing FL dies. I also use a Forster Coax press. Thats just me...

I like the Redding Boss press vs the Rock Chucker.

RCBS has one of the best customer warranties in the business and that is worth a lot of money 20 years from now.

I prefer Redding dies, but I do have some RCBS. I like my RCBS Rockchucker, and I also use a Lee Turret press from time to time. For my personal use and the type of shooting I do these items do plenty well enough.

Like most I have a mixed bunch of dies. I prefer Forster, I have not had any luck with bushing dies from any maker. The Forster dies I have are straight and I really like the custom hone service. I use A T7 Redding press, and works great. Barlow

They make good stuff, but in my estimation their stuff is too high, and their Customer Service is horrid. I bought a set of 308 Norma Mag dies in a secondary market and the decapping assembly was bent. I contacted them and told them what I needed. They charged me $17 for what was apparently a 35 Remington decapping assembly. When I called them and told them what I got in the mail, they told me to send it back. Yes, at my own expense. They exchanged it, but I had to pay shipping to return their screw-up.

I will stay with RCBS. They have taken fabulous care of me since 1980.

Originally Posted By: BarlowLike most I have a mixed bunch of dies. I prefer Forster, I have not had any luck with bushing dies from any maker. The Forster dies I have are straight and I really like the custom hone service. Barlow
Same here!
I have had problems with one Redding Die & one RCBS, and so I now use only the Forster dies. I do how ever like the Redding Shell Holder kits (5 holders).

Check out:

http://www.whiddengunworks.com/

http://www.ch4d.com/

Their dies are some of the best in the industry.

Both of these die companies take custom to a different level.

I have used Bonanza/Forster most of my life with really great results.

Redding, Whidden, and CH4d are all in the same ball park for their custom sets. There are a lot of Redding Comp sets on my shelves, and they have served me well. Bushing dies are not all they are cracked up to be when it comes to controlling run out, so beware.

Got a Redding set of dies for the Tactical 20 at a time when
they were the only company making them. Do not care for the
full length die. The seating die is good. These are the only
Redding dies I have.

Their case trimmer is light years better than an old Hornady
trimmer I have. It is a lot easier to use and more accurate.

Other than that, I have no experience with them. Through the
years since beginning reloading in the '60's, I've acquired
Lee, RCBS, Hornady and Forster dies. The Forster dies have
worked the best for me.

Even though I have a couple bench presses, I prefer the simple
Lee hand press. It does just as good a job, and it allows one
portability and I'm not stuck in one place when reloading.

Back